Adverts!!

20 Posts | Latest reply on 30/04/2011 14:58:50 by Scooterboy | Go to original / last post
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

So, here I am watching a bit if telly, and during the program there are adverts.

So what!  That's normal!

But what struck me is there are loads of adverts for cars but I cannot recall ever seeing an advert for bikes!!  WHY??

There are loads of bikes out there so why no adverts!

Anyone know why this is?                                                                                                                                                                              
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

The motorcyle manufacturers won't put their hands in their pockets for mainstream TV.                                                                                                                                                                                
Garnet's Profile
Garnet

In: Manchester

Bikes don't need some silly advert showing that they are great because the chosen ones already know it :)   But I would like to see some bike adverts...with a big leather clad hunks ......might make me actually watch some TV                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

the only bike ads i have ever seen is when bike racing is on telly!!! it seems bikers dont watch any other telly you see Geek pmsl Clown
then again some of them were pretty naff....!!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I noticed this several years ago Rob and the answers I got were as Feisty says !!!   But, as Suzi says, you do see the ads for bikes when bike racing is on TV, although the broadcasting channel is usually foreign. And you get bike ads on foreign TV .. .. USA especially and big time in the far east. So I got the feeling its just the UK companies are tightwads or it is political influence.   I couldnt get a satisfactory answer back then mate, so Im still with your question WHY ??                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

When I used to go to the pictures in Slough way back,there were adverts for the local Honda dealership Sid Morams for the new Honda Fours lol showing me age now! Can't ever remember seeing any adverts on telly though,even back then when the mind police weren't so controlling and all powerful!                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

I don't recall ever seeing a telly ad for one particular bike (not in the UK anyway).   All the bike ads on the motorsport channels seem to advertise their range of bikes rather than a single product.   The nearest to a bike ad on mainstream tv has been the recent epic Honda ad, where the guy sets off on a moped singing "the impossible dream" and ends up in a balloon coming up from a waterfall.  It advertised the whole company, but it was good to see the bikes on it.                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

it best they dont averis it cose we dont want every tom dick or harry in on the fun rob let keep it for  us (is that very selfish of me ) Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                              
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

selfish but I like the idea kaycat!!  Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's because your average telly addict is a moron and the less of them on bikes the better!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Boss mom Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Charming!! That's a bit of an assumption, that the average telly addict is a moron. I watch a fair bit of telly but I don't think I am a moron.                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

well rob theres this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbKlKeoMQNI i remember this one although its insurance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8GoT_B2JOY     and i thought this one quite right  too ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZAqco0VYgM&playnext...D579C5B1EB                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i agree Kaycat Wink unfortunately there is already a lot of morons on bikes.... i wont mention which ones tho hahaha!!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I gave up my Telly, dont see why I should pay a tv licence, just to watch endless and purile adverts for products I dont want to buy, plus most of the tv these days ( with some notable exceptions ) is aimed at the braindead and chavvy......Jerremy Kyle......big brother...etc etc. As for Bike ads, well I do tend to agree, that if there were any, then there would be more idiots out on the road, the ones that watch Jeremy Vile and the like....So keep Bike Ad's off the box !!!   Exclamation                                                                                                                                                                             
dougal50's Profile
dougal50

In: Burnham on Sea

Suzuki used to have a whole raft of adverts on tv - remember '' Ride the winds of change ''. They do seem to have vanished now though Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
dougal50's Profile
dougal50

In: Burnham on Sea

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a6Jpcy2GZ1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Try this advert .                                                                                                                                                                             
Scooterboy's Profile
Scooterboy

In: Nottingham

I watch X factor................i am a moron lol   Sky advertise a bike event: The Britsh Speedway Grand Prix at the Millennium Stadium Cardiff, this year its 25th June 2011.   Wish you could use a speedway bike on the road, I would buy one straightaway! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

scoot xxxxxx
get a bike m8 
xxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Scooterboy's Profile
Scooterboy

In: Nottingham

Kay.................i will be in manchester on monday......goin to speedway at belle vue..........so manchester will be seeing a bike!! Smile   Carry on Scooting Wink xx   i thought this was a thread for adverts lol.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 579 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption