Ideas pls, for a ST1300 front tyre

4 Posts | Latest reply on 20/04/2011 22:14:08 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

I'm looking for another option, for the front boot on my ST13, to the BT020's that I've used for a few years. Ok, they are good, grippy in the wet, but just don't last very long. The ST is very heavy on the nose, and if I'm on my own I, err,.. 'make progress'Evil Smile, but the one that's on it now is allmost toast and its done just over 1K, I've had em last less than that! The edges go off em real quick, but the centers still have the little blob things visible. (The rears will go for about 10k).  Is there anyone else with a heavy tourer out there, that can think of one I can stick on and try? And no,.. I like the ST cos it'll do 240 miles between sore @rse breaks so I'm not changing her for a plastic missile! Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Metzler tourance                                                                                                                                                                              
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

In: Prestwick
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I use the Pirelli Angel's on my Deauville                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Used BT020's on my 900 Trophy, and run them now on vfr800. Surprised to hear they dont run very long for you. I put on a new pair last year, and did Spain & France on them (2100 miles + in 8 days) and are still going stong. The front is still well in legal limits, the rear, is still good, although after so many miles, twos up, with full luugage it 'squared' a bit. With single riding round a few twisties it is now back to normal (what is normal?). Now, 5500 miles and still much treadiness(is that a word?) on them. I find them fine. The BT021 I havent tried yet, but from mates who have, it sounds a bit softer, so I have asked my mate at the shop to keep the last two 020's he has for me!                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 433 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption