Normandy

13 Posts | Latest reply on 31/03/2011 12:25:45 by Minnie the Minx | Go to original / last post
highwayman128's Profile
highwayman128

In: oxfordshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Off to Normandy tonight 4am, going for 4 days ave a look around, going with 2 mates from the XJROC, so should be a good one. Base is just off the Normandy beach, will let you know how it goes..                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Hey I recognise that bridge!!   If you get a chance, go to Pointe du Hoc where the commandos used grappling irons to scale the cliffs at the back of Omaha beach. The smashed big gun emplacements have been preserved just as they were left when the allied naval bombardment stopped and the commandos had finished lobbing grenades in......a really awesome and humbling place   I'm so envious....La Belle France, je t'aime                                                                                                                                                                              
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Go have a look at Port en Bessin, very pretty fishing village, great restaurants                                                                                                                                                                             
highwayman128's Profile
highwayman128

In: oxfordshire

Im hopeing to get around most of it, but I know i wont,, .                                                                                                                                                                             
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Not in 4 days no, but you should be able to ride up all along the coast                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Ooh and don't forget the paratrooper hanging off the church steeple in Sainte Mere-eglise.....The Longest day is one of my favourite films ever                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

Will Richard Todd still be holding Pegasus bridge?                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

You Bet Pondlife!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

Just as long as Millom doesn't start up with the bloody bagpipes!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Hahahahaha....PMSL @ pondlife.......And I always wonder whatever did happen to Mrs Rommel's lovely shoes???                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

Actually,Mr.Millom has recently died. Takes a special kind of guts to wade into battle armed with nothing but a set of bagpipes,they don't make many like him anymore                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

trust a woman to worry about shoes!! I want to know what became of Pluskatt's dog                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

I agree with your sentiments about Mr Millom....There are so many stories of courage and bravery, over and over....that's why visiting the beaches is so humbling....They all deserve the utmost respect   But I still stand by my interest in Mrs Rommel's shoes....the whole course of WW2 could have been entirely different if he wasn't so keen on nipping home for his conjugals (with sweetener shoes) Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5293 seconds. There are 1019 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption