Ride Out In Norfolk

16 Posts | Latest reply on 11/03/2011 13:33:28 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Any members in Norfolk interested in organising a ride out in Norfolk sometime, it would be good to meet and get to know some Biker Match members who live in Norfolk, i am very keen to experience motorbike rides and would be very happy to go on some ride outs with members from Norfolk, i would need someone to provide me with a pillion seat, hopefully a female motorcyclist, i will hopefully buy myself all the necessary motorbike gear soon.  
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Hi Inspector, most female riders don't take pillions, I recommend getting your own bike, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Good Luck! Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

In: grantham

There must be some really competent female riders  Sandi Big smile

As for getting your own wheels Sandi is spot on Thumbs Up Get your self down to your nearest test center, before they change the rules again (how old are you?) They will let you have a quick go on a bike to asses you, by which time you will be booking lessons Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Mungybear I would imagine ALL female riders are competent riders or our practical test examiners are failing in their duty.   I meant that most female riders prefer not to take pillions.   Mind you, the female I pillioned with could have done with some practical lessons on motorcycle maintenance. She told me not to hold on to the grab rail as it makes the seat lift up, jeez! Shocked she wasn't wrong. When we stopped I informed her if she screwed the seat in place it wouldn't lift at all. Doh!!  Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                                  
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

In: grantham

Big smile Hello Sandi.....and i meant competent to take a pillion Big smile After all there are plenty on here with big bikes so I wonder why that is then? I was only chatting about this last night with Mrs Mungy (she passed full test last sept) and she said she would be happy to take one of our lads on the back with her....so is it experience? or having a strange bloke on the back? (not saying you are strange Mr inspector) Big smile something else?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

There could be many reasons why women don't take pillions, lack of confidence, don't want to be judged on their riding skills by back-seat rider, don't want the responsibility.   I would never take a pillion, if I'd passed my test, as I prefer to ride alone if I'm doing the piloting. I don't think having extra weight would have bothered me as I used to bring home my shopping on the back of my bike.                                                                                                                                                                               
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

i think it`s a cracking equal opertunities opertunity! we should organise pillion days out in all areas for all the bm ladies to offer us poor men pilli rides to places of interest (no not just the pub)   wish i`d thought of it sooner. (did i say that outloud again?) o dear.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Err Oldyeti do you really wont to the shopping event so you can carry the bags on the back of a bike Ok think I just pushed the enverlope that bit to far                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Slaps JP !!!!

Some women cannot pilly, my bike is set as single seater so I cannot pilly :-p without a tool kit and the seat ti convert it back

Mind you not sure Mr P would WANT to pilly lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh I'm not so sure...what would he holdHug on to?Embarrassed

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I would not have the confidence to learn to ride a motorbike myself, but i would very much like to experience motorbike rides and thought it would be a good idea if some Biker Match members living in Norfolk could organise a ride out sometime, i would be very grateful to anyone who could provide me with a pillion seat, it would be very good to meet and get to know some Biker Match members who live in Norfolk. 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just giving this Thread a bump.   Any Biker Match members in Norfolk interested in organising a ride out in Norfolk sometime.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

XK, Shell's bike has a very good grab handle... when fitted...   Not that I'd use it of course ... LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I think its agreat idea to try to get a lass to pilly you. come onn ladies dont let the side down lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My brothers and myself are trying to sort a route for a ride out in the summer Thumbs Up perhaps along the coast. I'll see if anyone at the ship would like to come along as well as anyone from bm. Let you know about the pilly sit  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thank you for your reply Elliemay, i look forward to meeting you and hopefully other Biker Match members on a ride out sometime, any other Biker Match members living in Norfolk interested in organising a ride out sometime.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 1146 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption