consider

14 Posts | Latest reply on 20/02/2011 21:17:16 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Having just had my life saved by somebody i dont know and never will, it made me think if that person hadnt decided to donate blood i wouldnt be sat typing this.

Having just been in hospital for two days while they gave me an emergency transfusion made me feel damn greatfull,but it doesnt end there, i will be going back soon for major surgery and will still have to rely on somebody elses blood to make sure i stay alive.

Please please consider donating to your local hospital if you can,no drama its simply saving a life xxxxxxxx boody xxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

I hope you'er feeling better Boody, and I agree Boody, we should all give blood and carry an organ donor card.                                                                                                                                                                             
gatvol's Profile
gatvol

In: Aylesbury

I dont' think I'm allowed to give blood - having been in a malaria country and having had malaria.                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I agree with you boody cos I've benefited myself in the past and my daughter when she was in a horrendous accident...but whenever I've tried there's been a problem and they won't take mine, and there's no way they'll take it now cos I'm permanently on iron tabs. BUT I have registered on-line with the organ donor register....they're welcome to any of my bits and bobs if I peg it, cos they won't be any use to me. I've also talked to my kids as well so they know my wishes                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

I have an organ donor card but my iron levels are (normally for me) quite low so I can't donate, I wish I could as I'm AB rhesus negative, which is one of the rarer blood groups

They can have all my bits apart from my eyes, don't ask me why,  I know it's irrational but there ya go                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria

I give blood all the time ...............mostly to my ex Cry                                                                                                                                                                              
neil1340hd's Profile
neil1340hd

In: Ilkeston

Its something we should all think about doing .. i raise money for the notts air ambulance but without the blood doners it makes there job pointless.. so come on guys get down to the donor centre and get ya tea and bicys .... hope your felling better boodyHug                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Your going through the mill for sure boody.  My sister had 10 ten hour op and transfusions were required - I felt so guilty because it's the time I thought about the life saving aspect.  Ridiculous I know Embarrassed If possible everyone should help - hope you'll be better soon lady! Handshake                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i have given blood before, but i keep having ink done, so it stops you for a year, but for those who can....should !! simples                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Registering for Organ donation can be done online at:-
www.organdonation.nhs.uk                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I am on the bone marrow register, but they are not looking for little old ladies like me!!!, They want people under 40 preferably and even better, big strappin fellas with lots of marrow!!!! Thumbs Up.So come on young uns and the ethnic minorities, you could well save someones life and be a perfect match for them, imagine saving a childs life because you have what they need, harvesting marrow is not too traumatic, they take it from your hip, or they used to and the rewards speak for themselves x
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I'm exempt from giving blood, I'm on the ODR tho and have been for many years.   Link to the ODR topic   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3691                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

www.anthonynolan.org, very worthwhile.  Sandi, am I doing this right???                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Yes LC, that's right Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5308 seconds. There are 1225 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption