Casual ride outs - nothing complicated

27 Posts | Latest reply on 26/03/2011 09:32:55 by leetommo | Go to original / last post
leetommo's Profile
leetommo

In: Skipton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Now just an idea. If you've got a day off and fancy a blast out somewhere why not post it on here and anyone local to you can meet up.

I'm off next Monday and Tuesday and if weather is good I'll get the beast out and have a play. Will prob head off to the dales, devils bridge etc so if anyone is up for it post a reply and we can get something organised.

If the weathers crap then i'll let you know next time and same goes for anyone who wants to post any ride outs they fancy.

Speak soon!!
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

sounds like a good idea, i`m off next few days, n been bike less for over a month (enforced, bike in garage refusing to play, stupid cambus wiring, ta ducati)   n mobile again, so off to hull, n them alps tomorrow, long shot but folks welcome to join me!                                                                                                                                                                             
leetommo's Profile
leetommo

You mean alps Europe? would love to as was there last year, but not sure the mrs would let me get away with it at such short notice. Enjoy!!                                                                                                                                                                             
kfoggy67's Profile
kfoggy67

In: Cheshire

Im off every Tuesday and weekends, always up for a ride out (weather permitting) with anyone as long as they dont minding riding with me on my 125. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Nice idea and i am sure you will get folk joining in :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Good idea leetommo.   I'm up for it.. but like Kay, I've only got a 125..  but I'm fairly experienced on it..and can keep up ..as long as its downhill with the wind behind me!  lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

You and me both Kaz...my Maud doesn't do hills either lol                                                                                                                                                                             
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

In: Doncaster

yes but dose it cough and fart like kaz                                                                                                                                                                               
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

sorry ment her bike LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
leetommo's Profile
leetommo

I think I've got a tow rope somewhere anyhow just encase you can't keep up. How fast do these 125's go anyway, suppose it would be frustrating not being able to put the hammer down but price of fuel these days would be a reason for me to slow down a little.
Karey's Profile
Karey

Baz!!!!!!!!!!!   Angry      It's Ziggy!!! not me..honestly ...well most of the time!LOL   Sarah.. Zig can get uphill.. but just takes a bit longer than some ....lol   Leetommo.. I can get about 60mph out of mine..i think .. the speedo's in kph and the needle thrashes about in the red, so I'm not sure if it's a true reading lol   No worries if you wanna thrash your beast and open the throttle, there will be lots of ride outs us L-platers can get on, I did loads last year and the year before.Thumbs Up   Whitby is always a good ride out.. over the moors and even down Chimney Bank and back up the ridge, great if you like very steep declines and hairpins!  I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat Big smile                                                                                                                                                                                 
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Kaw600 you followed Ziggy down hill as well then LOL> Zig is entertaining is'nt it/he Kaz
Karey's Profile
Karey

Lmao  @ Al...yeh.. he certainly is!  Big smile   That's why he's called Ziggy Ziggy Bang Bang!LOL   Just for the record.. does anyone actually know how fast I can go on him??  'cos I'm stumped if I know Wacko      leetommo..do you ever go over to Squires?    As soon as the evenings are lighter and warmer I hope to be out lots more during the week as well as the weekends.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

LOL ZZBB. From about 2 mile up chuck him out of a plane i would say about 200mph, the brakes should be good 200 mph to 0 >>>> instant Cry. Oh and them get another bike LOLLOL, sorry babs just joking                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lmao... LOLLOLLOL   i think that's what's happened to him in a former life....hence all the gaffer tape etc !  LOL   *Ahem*   Al...wash your mouth out! Ziggy is well cool..and he's been a great for me to learn on .. I can honestly say it's never a dull moment when Zigs about! .... well not for me anyway... Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
PHOTOGRAPHER1's Profile
PHOTOGRAPHER1

In: lancs

im always up for ride out with locals - even them on 125's as to me its not the speed - its the ride - so 40, 50 or 60 mph is fine with me - im on a trike anyway and enjoy the ride alot more at 50 ish                                                                                                                                                                              
ic1340's Profile
ic1340

In: Stirling

Following on from leetommos' casual ride out posting, a wee note to members based in Scotland, for the past few years a number of like-minded motorcyclists and myself have been doing Sunday runs around Scotland, usually about 200 miles and stoping off at one of the ever increasing number of biker friendly establishments for a bite to eat.   We tend to use the scenic routes and unclassified roads, so ideal for all sizes of motorcycles, and set off from various locations within the Stirling area, if interested let me know and i will send you details of the coming Sunday's run, which will hopefully be starting soon for the season, snow, ice, rain, monsoons and hurricanes permitting!   Cheers!   IC                                                                                                                                                                               
leetommo's Profile
leetommo

yes karey i do get out to squires a lot, only there last weekend. Ride out with a bunch that norm meet there. But can't get out as much as I'd like to on weekends because of shift work.......bit of a pain.

So liking the fact that there's a bit of interest in this idea as I'd like to get out with a few more people this summer even in midweek when my shifts allow it.

To all!!! I'll let you know when I plan to go to squires and you too let everybody else know. Will be good getting to know the faces on here.
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

Hi leetommo i get up to squires  a bit weather and work permitting now the weather should be getting better ill be up for a meet                                                                                                                                                                              
leetommo's Profile
leetommo

Yes Kaw600 will hope to see you there at some point then, looks like I'm gonna give this Monday and Tuesday ride out a miss. Wishful thinking about the weather but hopefully will pick up soon. Will let all know next time I'm planning on getting out.
Lee

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 595 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption