Gary Moore - RIP

12 Posts | Latest reply on 07/02/2011 00:21:06 by GreasyTony | Go to original / last post
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/feb/06/gary-moore-...lizzy-dies  Gary Moore, former Thin Lizzy guitarist, dies aged 58Moore, originally from Belfast, was found dead in a hotel room on the Costa del Sol in the early hours of Sunday morning Gary Moore, the multi-talented guitarist whose periodic membership of Thin Lizzy and solo career spanning blues, hard rock and ballads brought him chart success and the admiration of his musical peers, has died aged 58. Moore, originally from Belfast, was found dead in a hotel room on the Costa del Sol early yesterday. First drafted into Thin Lizzy by its frontman, Phil Lynott, in 1973, Moore had a number of stints with the Dublin groupand subsequently as a blues rock guitarist embraced a range of genres.http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictur...es-007.jpg Eric Bell, whose departure from Thin Lizzy led to Moore being brought into the band, said: "He was so robust, he wasn't a rock casualty, he was a healthy guy." Moore, who released 20 solo studio albums, had returned to his blues roots in recent years and played in 2006 with former bandmates from Thin Lizzy, who were due to dedicate a performance in Vienna last night to his memory.                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

gutted,, saw Gary many years ago ,, got loads of his music and listen to it regularly,, who can forget Parisiene Walkways he did with Phil Lynott,, r.i.p. Gary xxx booCry                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

My favourite album of garys was "Blues for greeny" a fantastic tribute to another legend Peter green. After Peter green gave him a gibson guitar used to record "i need your love so bad" with fleetwood mac.    A great bluesman.                                                                                                                                                                               
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

snap blues ! need your love is an awsum track.                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsKpazeA5L8 Damn near impossible solo to play                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

i think Garys up there now havin a jam sesh , with phil lynott and jeff healey ,,,,,                                                                                                                                                                             
Contradiction's Profile
Contradiction

In: Rotherhell

Saw him supporting BB King a couple of years ago, excellent stuff.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWwUQ6gbKIo                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idRsloLesi4                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Brilliant guitarist, but I couldn't fekking stand Parisienne Walkways, just one of those annoying tracks (along with Come On Eileen, Baker Street and Uptown Girl) that has to be turned off after the first bar   RIP for the rest of your stuff though Gary                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

Did Gary moore do uptown girl? well i never! Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Oh Bollox, he was good he was !! Saw him a couple of times.   RIP Gary. All the best mate, may your Guitar strings never snap !!       Mom, what wrong with 'Come on Eileen' .. .. good ole foot stomping mooosic that is. Even I been know to dance to that. lol   Any more comments like that & I wont come & service yer Dyna for ya!!     Sorry if I turned this thread *ducks* - - - again!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 581 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption