Waste carrying

14 Posts | Latest reply on 08/02/2011 22:14:16 by ayjay | Go to original / last post
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Does anyone know about the carrying of waste, specifically scrap metal, lets just say that I have a couple of cars that I am breaking for spares and a little later theres nothing left except the rusty old chassis and a few other bits. Am I allowed to put it in a trailer and take it down the scrappy or as I have been told do I need a waste carriers licence. There must be someone here in environmental health experiemce who can advice TIA                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

call the local pikeys it will dissapear in no time!!,, lol id get on the phone and ask your local environmental officer , he or she should tell you what you should do without breaking any laws.                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Also there are companies out there that will come and pick up your scrap and give you money for it

GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Look in local paper under car collection, type headings. We have loads our way. Scrap price is pretty good at min, I got £100 for an old scrapper last week from guy who came & took it away.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

your right you do need a waste carriers licence phone your local scrap yard as said you will get a good price                                                                                                                                                                              
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

I work for the council and this will depend on where you are: http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/utilities/action/act_downl...04  - As far as I understand it, if you are commercial/industrial  or turn up in a commercial vehicle at a community tip, you will be turned away, unless you have  booked it in and have a chitty. This will cost you. - So use a domestic (unmarked) vehicle.  Flatbed vans etc will result in the boot as well.  Free to general public. For more info - http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=14407    Lol, don't think you will be able to scrap an entire car down the municple though.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

It will depend on how much and how many trips

If your scrapping a little amount such as a couple of cars then no I wouldn't bother with a license.  You only require one if you are commercially taking continual amounts from point A to B.

a 3 year license is around £300+ notes but not sure if it has gone up in last few years.  If you are stopped then you need to be able to prove you own what you carry and that it is being safely carried (not too heavy or over weight for axles or liable to fall off).

I'm an Environmental officer amongst other things but can only speak for SEPA (Scottish Environmental Protection Agency) and how we enforce along side of them.

Hope that helps a little

wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Yea you got the right County there Dyna, theyve recently changed the rules, if you go down the council waste site they make you feel so guilty, they gave us a small green wheelie bin type thing with no wheels for our food waste, well we dont have food waste and if we do the dog or the wild birds get it, and if I did take it to the top of our lane someone would definately have it away a soon as the bin lorry has been. Thanks for the comments. the idea was to cut out the middle man and take it direct to the scrappy place, but it looks like middle man has to be employed.Unhappy  Thanks for your comments too Mad scot, Scotland do seem to have a different system to the rest of the country, from what Ive read.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

WB try phoning you local big yard who scrap them (IE) thay shread the cars and export them thay may work direct with you or put you on to  the best local dealer                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

^ This.

As mentioned before, the price of scrap is still high, so maybe someone will collect for free, but don't sound desperate or they will try and charge you.

Bigcopsmalltown's Profile
Bigcopsmalltown

In: Darlington

No need for a licence unless you are doing it on a commercial basis - similar to the difference between giving a mate a lift and needing a taxi licence. One off as need dictates is fine, do it every day to make cash and you need the licence. Thats how it goes round my way anyway.
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

Just leave it outside with a  "for sale" note on it.   If you're lucky someone'll nick it if they think it's worth something!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

in notts there is somwehre where you weigh in metal including cars you either drive in or take on trailer... they have licence for waste so they sort all that out and certify its been decontaminated i think they call it!! they pay you by the ton of metal ....

ayjay's Profile
ayjay

In: LOUTH
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metals/                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 837 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption