The diesel bike cometh

14 Posts | Latest reply on 22/02/2011 03:52:32 by erchee | Go to original / last post
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

BOTH Royal Enfield and Hero are rumoured to be developing diesel powered bikes for launch in 2013. Targeting their home markets in India, both firms reckon that the addition range and frugality of diesel engines could appeal to thrifty riders, despite the fact their machines are unlikely to offer much in terms of performance. The Hero machine – the first to be developed since the company's split with former partners Honda – is said to be a 400cc bike, promising something in the region of 20bhp. Less is known about the Enfield plan, but the firm has suggested it would like to make a multi-fuel adventure bike able to run on diesel, petrol or even kerosene. Of course, Enfield has been there before, offering the Taurus diesel for several years until 2001. Managing 150mpg, they were certainly economical, but let's hope the firm's future diesels can muster more than the Taurus' 6.5bhp...Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/...z1CX1s55tX                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

enfield did allready make a diesel powerd bike u believe they used a cement mixer as a donor engine bloody slow but great if your building a wall !                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Parrafin is not allowed as a fuel on british roads They both sound appaulingBig smile and will be flops (you watch them become over night successes now)                                                                                                                                                                               
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

lol Yam - would rather pay for petrol as cheaper tbh - my freelander tank costs too much as it is lol !!                                                                                                                                                                             
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

A Harley Dieselson !!!   Met this guy at Bulldog last year. He had so much grief with his 05 Sporty & NO help from HD UK he put this engine in it.   http://www.dieselbike.net/BritishRally10/Britishrally10.htm   Okay no picture .. .. I'm cr*p at posting pictures in forums. Scroll down 'till you see Whiskers bike.   Mr or Mrs very kind mod, could you pm me with instructions of how to post a piccy on here please .. .. I wont abuse the knowledge ...... honest   Smile                                                                                                                                                                                     
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

love the pics brother....best thing for a harleyLOL ( legs it from his new mate...or now ex mate )                                                                                                                                                                              
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Up dated previous post for the benefit of the sarcaustic amongst us !!!!!!!  LOL I have also added it to the 'humour' folder in my pics.   Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
whackojacko's Profile
whackojacko

In: Ayr
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Guys, you are so synnical. While I agree this is not really desireable      ie, (bikes depositing as much oil as cars on the road), modern developement of the diesel engine has boosted its potential as a performance unit and it is now capable of producing plenty horses to make it viable in theory. It just requires the will and financial backing to make it a genuine alternative to petrol units on bikes. I really don't want to see it but it is viable.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

dont care just want my 1600cc full flat V twin !!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

Trouble with diesels is they don't rev and have a flat torque curve good for grunt but not as satisfying as a build up in torque and power. Got a TDi car fast but you have to drive it differently to a petrol engine. I'm sure if they wanted too manufacturers could make very fuel efficient bikes but all we want is more POWER. I also think fuel efficient bikes are built to perform and look dull. Why?                                                                                                                                                                             
whackojacko's Profile
whackojacko

In: Ayr
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I too drive a turbo diesel, but it has nowhere near the level of development that is currently competing in motor sport very favourably against its petrol equivalents and frankly revs and power bands don't seem to be a limiting problem. Yam I dont want it any more than you but it is viable with a little more investment.

On the power thing, we've already more than is useable on the roads in this country so whats the point.
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

that is my point                                                                                                                                                                             
nellie's Profile
nellie

In: nottingham
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

i did see in back street heros last year there was a rally for diesel bikes only and loads turned up but i dont think my ears (with plugs) could stand the noise of a 500cc whacker plate engine trying for the motorway speed limit LOLBig smile                                                                                                                                                                              
erchee's Profile
erchee

In: perthshire

just found this post and as a long time lover of trail bikes and the torque+economy of builders dumpers have often wondered about a viable engine transplant?  for something more refined take a look at www.dieselmotorfiets.nl  if thats what a tiny company can do what could honda come up with if they tried?                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 558 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption