Veggies need to read this

23 Posts | Latest reply on 15/05/2007 22:02:13 by Witchs_promise | Go to original / last post
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/h...ge_id=1774   I know we have some veggies lurking on site and I came across this! Any Mars product with an expiry date from 01/10/2007 needs to be avoided!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
hilda123's Profile
hilda123

In: Melton Mowbray

ooh err!! Shocked I'm no veggie but I've just gone off Mars bars and the like!!! Dead yuk!! I'd just munched my way through a snickers- no Marathon bar b4 I read that article too!!! Pinch                                                                                                                                                                             
wttgill's Profile
wttgill

In: lichfield

thanks for that info Di ... should help my waistline a little aswell Wink  there is a nestle site aswell... about baby milk  when i find it i will let you know...                                                                                                                                                                             
Sexysmirnoff's Profile
Sexysmirnoff

In: Dudley

soz guys but i luv the odd mars lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

me too hun but if ya a veggie then they are gonna be a big no no. Seems a bit idiotic to change from being a veggie product to a non veggie                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

there must be a reason for the change.   But i mean - really - what's all the fuss?  Your simply eating something from an animal that would have died regardless.   God I love a good juicy steak as part of a well balanced diet (non of that grass-only for me thanks).   Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

A vegetarian is 'one who doesn't eat MEAT' so what's all the fuss about additives in chocolate, or any other animal by-products? Surely if someone doesn't eat any part, or by-product, of an animal then they are a VEGAN not a vegetarian. Confused   No disrespect to vegetarians or vegans but if we cared as much about our fellow man as we do animals maybe the world would be a happier place.   In the not-too-distant future the majority of death certificates won't state serious conditions such as 'heart attack' and 'cancer' as causes of death it will be WORRY. We're a nation of worry-warts, if the additives don't get ya the worry will.                                                                                                                                                                                   
Di's Profile
Di

Do ya wanna know summat, i sometimes wonder why i bother.   Some people don't wanna eat rennet taken from calves stomaches after they are slaughtered, don't bother me but some folk i know on here would rather not partake of this.   Just as some peeps don't like marmite!!!   Thought i'd just let em know incase they ate it by mistake!   Silly me eh?                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I assumed the thread was about vegetarians (going by the title) hence my response re: vegetarians not eating meat and not by-products of animals.   I wasn't having a go at you Di, or anyone for that matter, just opening me gob and putting me foot in it as usual, tho why I bother I dunno cos it's difficult to get it in when the other one is still in there.   I'll get me coat >>>>>                                                                                                                                                                               
storm's Profile
storm

In: derbyshire

well i agree with ya all on this one, di thought it was good of you to post the article up and so will the veggies amongst us, its better to be informed than have no idea that a trusted product is pants !!! im not a veggie myself but have friends who are, and have told them about it.   and kwak this thing about addidatives you are so right, were pumped with so much hidden ingredients unless we cook from scratch we never know whats in the food !!!!!!!!!! and i think its responsible for alot more illnessess than the manifacturers would like us to know about !!!!! right sed my 2 pennith worth so goin  lol (soz about the spellings)                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Kwak, I was married to a veggie for 19 yrs, a few of my family are veggies ( the human type not the actual vegadidables ) lots of my ex in laws are veggies and they don't eat anything taken from a dead animal, milk and eggs yes but nothing once the animal has been slaughtered. Vegans on the other hand so I am informed don't partake of any animal product what so ever, including milk and eggs. Hence the title of my post taken from my experience.
storm's Profile
storm

a couple of vegans i know wear leather shoes an a veggie that has chicken once a week for protein !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    whats that all about     ?????????          Dead                                                                                                                                                                             
Istaqa's Profile
Istaqa

In: Coventry

Di   I like the way you keep us all up to date with news articles - your my connection to the real world as I dont read a paper or watch the news so keep up the good work Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Istaqa's Profile
Istaqa

In: Coventry

pmsl @ stormLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Lets all be thankful that we ain't expecting cos the list of no nos for preggie ladies is bloody awful, bad bad listLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
storm's Profile
storm

in the sun today theres an article about calcium being bad for you and vitamin d !!!!!!   my kid gets through about 10 pints a week + !!!!!!  am i harming him giving him that instead of fizzy pop god knows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!            Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Quote Di: Kwak, I was married to a veggie for 19 yrs, a few of my family are veggies ( the human type not the actual vegadidables ) lots of my ex in laws are veggies and they don't eat anything taken from a dead animal, milk and eggs yes but nothing once the animal has been slaughtered. Vegans on the other hand so I am informed don't partake of any animal product what so ever, including milk and eggs. Hence the title of my post taken from my experience.   That's what I said, vegetarians don't eat meat, vegans don't eat any product, or by-product of an animal.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Di's Profile
Di

http://www.vegsoc.org/info/definitions.html Here ya go kwak, this is from the veggie society. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

i cant see the problem as long as it tastes the same .   ummm  mars bar  ummmm                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

not a problem unless ya a feckin veggie!!!!!!!!! LOL then it becomes a problem cos they shouldn't eat animal rennet!!!                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 451 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption