Comedy corner - what do you think?

28 Posts | Latest reply on 28/01/2011 13:24:51 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

With the rally season soon to be upon us the possibility of getting all the jokes and amusing stuff and putting it in a "comedy corner" on the website has been suggested.  This would be useful for two reasons that I can see:   1. It keeps the important information up where it should be on the first pages of the forums rather than it getting knocked off by people posting jokes and bits and pieces here and there, and   2. Any of us who need cheering up while it's still cold and wet and miserable can just click on the relevant area and hopefully get a giggle or two out of it without having to search through for the odd joke, video clip or otherwise here and there throughout the posting.   What does everyone else think?  Matt has asked for input on this so your comments would be appreciated before he makes any decision on it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Personally I think it's a good idea! Both points stated make sense and it will make it easier for each member to quickly access what is important to them from the site.

julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

I def approve!Thumbs Up its a real pain in the bum looking for info trawling thro all of the `comedic` banter between 3 or 4 people and if you do feel like a giggle its always good to know where to lookLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Thats actually quite a sensible suggestion. Who thought of that & are you sure you're on the right site. !!                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

I must be missing something here.

If you hit the active forums button, then yeah you'll lose stuff.
 But if you hit the All Forums button its all sorted out already, including a Jokes and Silly Things forum.

Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Think most folk tend to click on active first and foremost especially newbies, so yes i agree would be a great idea :)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Unfortunately, most people use the active topics list to see what's going on during the day, as well as people randomly posting jokes and bits and pieces in general chat etc. rather than the jokes stuff so I can see the sense in putting it all somewhere else
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

Confused So lazy people need to be nannied.
 Using a forum has to be THE EASIEST thing to do on the net, even kids  know how to use them.

All the forums are formatted and we have an events calander, the site will be in danger of having too many places to look for relevant 'important' info  IMHO

Remove the 'silly stuff' from active forums. Geek

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Well out of interest i just had a quick look and have had to move 8 topics from general into jokes, no names mentioned as to who posted em lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I agree with DT, just move the games/jokes etc. off of active topics and operate a three strikes policy or something.  If people post jokes and stuff in inappropriate areas a mod will move it and send them a polite PM telling them they've done so and that jokes etc. go in a particular thread.  If they keep doing it remove their option to post for 24 hours or something
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

its allready easy to find things,, " all forums" includes jokes and silly things right?,,, so maybe it would be a better idea to politely ask people not to post "banter" ie irrelevant stuff on the wrong pages. or is that just too simple?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Sorry mom                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

remove their option to post for posting in wrong place?? what are we at school now?detention next??                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

@BJ - Guilty as charged, but it wasn't an issue until now Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

It may make things easier to choose which thread to open if each thread title had a note "posted in ........ forum" attached to it , as on other sites. (What do you think Matt?). Or maybe even colour code each forum? Personally i don't have any issues with this as i usually head straight for "active topics" where all posts and threads go anyway, and i read them all.    It was just a suggestion for those who may be more selective with what they want to read. But as with any friendly forum, people could add witty comments or friendly banter to 95% of threads     What ??!!   They do jokes on here as well ??!!                                                                                                                                                                                  
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

If it's going to get serious I don't want to play. I do serious at work all day, so when I look at any forum and I belong to a few then I want the banter and good humour. It's not difficult to keep messages in their proper threads and if someone does inadvertently post in the wrong place then all a moderator has to do is move it to the correct one, ( isn't that what mods are for) if persistent then a.gentle pm usually does the trick ( doesn't it Jackie) :-)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i agree with boody - its turning into animal farm!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

This is a joke !!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Just had a quick look in general chat and in my opinion of the top 12 latest post I think that 7 of them should be in jokes and silly things.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I agree you should be able to see which forum things are posted in.  Makes moving stuff to the right place a pain - have to go into general and make sure everything fits, then events to do the same and so on.  If you went to active topics and could see which forum a thread had been put on we could just move it instantly Matt

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.3584 seconds. There are 605 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption