getting seat off

20 Posts | Latest reply on 31/01/2011 18:57:16 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

ok seems like an easy thing to do but im having probs getting my seat off my yamaha xv virago 1100 1997 it has a backrest and rack with a compartment to keep tools in there was a bolt holding the rear of the seat i thought that was enough to get it off but no the front is rock solid it is a one piece seat i cant see where it is fastened down where should i look at what for please anyone regards jimi
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hi there, if its anything like my vz 1600, there was one bolt ( approx 8mm ) at the rear of the seat bolted through the fender, then if you remove both side panels there are usually 2 bolts one on either side bolted through a bracket connected to the seat straight into the frame, hope this helps Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

A bolt lol sorry mate                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lmao JP                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Not at you ian posted before I had seen you post                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i know LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

on my virago I used to have to release it using the key then sliding it off, it was the 535 so not sure if the 1100 is the same                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i think its different drobs, as he has a bolt holding the back of the seat down, like mine, so hopefully it will be the same kind of application                                                                                                                                                                              
DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

In: Belfast/Larne

Grinder ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cruel....very cruel...but funny                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I know this may be a bit controversial. But have you tried looking in the owners manual? It's probably under the seat. Geek

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thanks guys and gels no manual sorry i will  look at that under fender bolt  but my fav is the angle grinder i was frickin close to that today hahahaha                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

c4 and plenty of det cord ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

c4 and plenty of det cord ?                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

am not sure you would have to blow it up twice? unless it is a very very nasty bolt?                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

smiles...(hopefully!)                                                                                                                                                                             
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Last one I took off was held by, as Ian says, an addition bolt under each side panel !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thanks everyone it seems side panel bolts and a rear one from low down on the backrest are the bolts /allen bolts that i need to get off so thankyou all very much regards jimi                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

just to update one on the o/s of seat two on n/s of seat and one from the rear thru back rest and off it cameBeer thanks everyone
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

no worries...thats what we are here for, glad to of helped !!!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.1553 seconds. There are 969 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption