Can you help - Helmet

24 Posts | Latest reply on 12/02/2011 11:08:25 by BOBKAT | Go to original / last post
bikerfan's Profile
bikerfan

In: London Middlesex
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi can anyone help me I recently went to tenerife and took my helmet in my suitcase as we were hoping to hire bikes out there. My suitcase got smashed I can show you pics it had a hell of a knock and in the strongest point and its a solid one anyway needless to say my helmet plastic is all cracked and to claim I need a receipt

my helmet is a suomy can anyone give me a copy of their receipt or knows anyone in abike shop that would help me. No receipt no claim 

Thanks plse contact me                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Sorry can't help you mate.  But good luck and welcome to the best biker site in the UK  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

When I needed to claim after a bike accident, I didnt have the receipt, but the helmet importers wrote a letter confirming the RRP of the helmet.  I don't know whether the airline or the importer will accept that though.                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

How'd you get a helmet into a suitcase?                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

did you pay with a credit card? they will prob accept your statement as proof.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Bikerfan, please be careful when starting new topics.  You had actually created 3 topics for this one issue.   I've merged them all and deleted some posts.   Cheers                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

any insurance company will accept a letter from the helmet supplier stating the retail price.

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

suomy.com dont list any dealers in the UK ... however loads in France, 

I am sure if you used the contact us page they would let you know price

good luck                                                                                                                                                                              
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

It broke/cracked inside your suitcase??!! Shocked I would forget about it and get a different lid                                                                                                                                                                               
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Did you report the damage to the handling agent at the airport? if so the damage would have been noted,getting a value wont be a problem                                                                                                                                                                              
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

So what I should of said was are you claiming off the Airlines handling agent? As far as I know you itemise the stuff damaged and put the value on the form,like I said if you reported it at the destination airport you shouldnt have any bother like you do with insurance co.
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

i wouldnt dream of putting my lid in a suitcase,

how the hell would you manage it , and secondly they are too expensive for some twonk to throw about, mine cost me a small fortune .                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

My suitcase is one of those pull behind ya wheely things and I could probably get a motorcycle helmet in it,  it's deep enough.                                                                                                                                                                              
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

Boody, the lads sorry 'twonks'who I supervise to turnround aircraft under time pressures, work- load pressures staffing pressures certainly dont throw peoples luggage/belongings- anything around,(and they are not particularly well paid)cant say the same for johnny foreigner who I know damage goods and steal from people,so if there is a problem with anything report it there and then.   
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

Ah so that must make me a posh twonk cos I'm responsible for the aircraft and what goes on in that hour its on the ground and making sure it departs safely.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i must admit i thikn i would take my lid as hand luggage!! and after your story i dont think i could be pursuaded otherwise now!! hope you get your claim sorted quick                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Doesn't make you posh fxr. It makes you a ramp tramp! Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i wore my shoei coming back from sweden just before xmas i felt safe and i didnt damage it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

tee hee griffinator,.. you felt safe incase plane went down yo had ya lid on LOL... soz couldnt resist that one hahaha Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire

fxr swas...errm I sat looking out of plane window at Liverpool airport watching the guys moving stuff and believe me they definitely were throwing peoples belongings about. The huge case that landed on a baby buggy was particularly horrifying

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 970 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption