how to look innocent on yr bike...

52 Posts | Latest reply on 12/01/2011 02:53:25 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

pour as the driven snow s/fax

Smarty_UK's Profile
Smarty_UK

In: Bournemouth

Get yourself a big white bike, a "clean" hi viz jacket (not covered in dead flies one), white flip up helmet ...oh and a forward facing camera on the tank and a couple of panniers on the back...ride as fast as you like, where you like and when you like......pay is crap though...but the retirement pension is good.
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

LOL smarty !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Yeah and get called all the names under the sun, when all the bikes pull over in front or slow down as well as cars.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok i'm off to sell my power rangers getup and my overly loud sports bikes, and buy something a little boring, and some dayglo....   So i look nice, respectable and innocent.....       Then when i wheelie past the next traffic cop, we won't chase after me... LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

blue glow under front fairing with hi viz works for me
oh and the sit up riding stlye lol drivers worry and move and then relise buggers its a LOON on a bike lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Smarty_UK's Profile
Smarty_UK

ah yes Shadow, but you can drive a BMW, Audi or Volvo and get called worse or ride a Harley and get mocked as well, and no one moves out of your way or lets you out at junctions Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Many years ago me and my now X husband were out on the bikes and pulled into a pub for a drink and to warm up only to be told they dont serve bikers!!!! arse holes

So we must not have looked very innocent and were defo not power Rangers lol 

all black the only way to go 

Disapprove

Smarty_UK's Profile
Smarty_UK

Shaza, unfortunately not an uncommon occurrence. Even the vintage/classic bike club I ride with have been turned away, and they include all walks of life and doctors, coppers and white collar professional people (and no we don't have Road Captains, have dixie flags on our bikes and all wear the same bandanas !!!). Having said that over the past year, pubs have welcomed us with open arms as on some days we are their only passing trade.
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

PUBS & BIKES?????  hope it was for coffee! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Smarty_UK's Profile
Smarty_UK

No..... meal/lunch and purely medicinal/social drinkies !! Although the map reader stayed mostly on coffee to be fair.............                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

non alcoholic then ?Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
Smarty_UK's Profile
Smarty_UK

Well not enough to go anywhere near 35mg/millilitre Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
coster83's Profile
coster83

In: Lyme Regis

Youre on a super sports bike in custom race colours with a tasty pipe and youre dressed like a technicolour parody of a MotoGP front runner.   As you pass through the next village, you may as well punch an old lady in the face and piss on a traffic cops' shoes.  The more neutral your bike and your colours the better your chances of looking innocent on a bike.

So wearing my blue Yamaha replica leathers on my race rep ZX6R is likely to see me nodding like a Churchill Dog to an angry traffic cop... Well i might as well get it over and done with, i piss on local bikers so might as well piss on the local coppers too. I was going to put the quiet pipe on for this summer but i think i might just take the remaining baffle out of the Micron and make sure the cops think a MIG29 is on a low flying excercise as well as getting everyone i pass looking at me with a pissed off glare.

Good point though, i might buy a black bike and leathers next time.

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

just move Coster...its that sort of attention from the peelers that made me move in the first place.                                                                                                                                                                             
coster83's Profile
coster83

In: Lyme Regis

Irelands a very nice country indeed Kwak and the Garda out there are pretty useless/laidback from what i see of them when i worked out there last year. Some great roads specially where you are too and i get to see proper racing by some proper loons!

I feel a little trip coming on!!
Contradiction's Profile
Contradiction

In: Rotherhell

Does being overtaken when I'm doing nearly 90 on an empty national speed limit road by Maggie Thatcher's boot boys (Peelers indeed kwakgirl) mean:   A: I'm innocent B: I'm invisible C: I'm going to get a financial letter bomb through the post   On another note, loud exhausts and attracting attention may save you from car drivers who have necks that don't turn.   The being refused service in pubs as a biker used to be quite common. When I was a sprog my second favourite eatery, the Millstone, in Haversage used to have a big sign outside that said 'no bikers'. Now the staff park their kawawhatsits outside the front door. See, not all progress is bad.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I don't know what you can do to stop morons in cars pulling out on you,   I have a very loud exhaust on both the SP & GSXR also headlights on and still get pulled out on,   Mostly it seems that it's horse box's that don't give a f*** and just pull straight out in front of me, even though they've clearly seen me, Angry and it infuriates me...   And yet when they are on their horses they expect us to slow down and give tham a wide berth... when we meet them on the roads,   in the last 32 years of riding i've only ever been refused entry to 2 pub's one only a few years ago in Hampshire, loads of families enjoying the countryside wirthy sprog's and 4 bikes turn up (asports bikes and we were told there was no room to put our helmets.... INCREDIBLE !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

costa ans contra pmsl !!!      I go into my local co-cop with biker gear on and the grannies ......run ...literally lol ....  me scary ????    went via a farm petting centre this week end and the chap that ran it ( must have been about 70 yrs bless him)  was very sociable, really nice ?   not not all oldies are scared by bikers lol !!                                                                                                                                                                               
Contradiction's Profile
Contradiction

In: Rotherhell

What, on earth, is a farm petting centre? Is it where chavs go to mate?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 598 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption