Camping, tents stuff

42 Posts | Latest reply on 10/08/2011 12:05:04 by Rattay | Go to original / last post
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Glad to be of service Shadowfax Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

If you really must camp then +1 for the air bed oh and a pillow too and do get a 12 volt mini compressor to inflate them  Thumbs Up   Regards Twin                                                                                                                                                                                 
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

I Just bought a Khyam Freelander off ebay (used once or twice) Cost me £80 plus £8 P&P.   I have the Khyam Biker already but as I intend to do a lot of camping this year I wanted a tent that I could stand up in.   The freelander, packed is 7" (180mm) longer than the biker and about the same diameter. It's 10kg as opposed to the biker's 5.6kg.   Sorry can't take any pillion camping this year as it has to go across the back seat!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

There is a big sale on at go camping at the min                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

I went to Go Outdoors in Cov last week but their outside camping display area was closed (guess because of weather?)   For me I really need to see a tent erected as pictures of the tents doesn't give you the full picture.  LOL   The Khyam Freelander I know, so didn't have a problem buying it off ebay. There are just a few of them left now at £129 new, as a different model is being introduced with a slightly longer sleep area for the spring. Grab a bargain if you want that tent as the new model will be closer to the £200 price.                                                                                                                                                                               
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

Sale at Go-outdoors, take a look!   Tent - http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear...527   Cooker - http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping/equipment/stoves/so...ort/2/pg/2   Pans - http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cookset-p152998   Frying pan - http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/8-5in-pan-p150929                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Ive done loads of camping,got kyham cant stand up but not a prob,decent roll matt,petrol stove good sleeping bag,you have to try to see wot suits you

6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

Couple more tent offers through:-
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/produ...tBrowseID1   http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/produ...tBrowseID1                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Twin Air Beds - Set of 2 from 28th good buy. http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index..._18461.htm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If Sumo says its good take it as written lol...he has got all lot of good kit and well tested.....hows the bivi bag working Sumo lol                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Its good john cheers,will be takeing to bugeria with me                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Aldi has a few camping bits in from Thursday 9th June..   http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week23Thurs...z_src=main                                                                                                                                                                                 
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

came across this natty camping accessory...the cardboard crapper which doubles up as a stool haha http://www.firebox.com/product/2351/Shit-Box?aff=1721&a...4QodRT4AKw   oooh and mustn't forget the glow in the dark loo roll! http://www.firebox.com/product/2737/Glow-in-the-Dark-Lo...ll?id=8686                                                                                                                                                                                     
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i have had my kyham igloo tent since the early 90's. all i have had to do is re fabsil to keep it water tight. great bit of kit.                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

My Khyam Biker, Khyam Freelander and my friends Khyam Biker tents have all suffered from poles splitting.   These are not the poles that snap together an integral part of the tent but the thinner poles on the elastic that you push together for the bedroom section of the tents. In all cases it has been the last or second to last pole that has split. An on the spot fix has been decent tape until you can get a replacement. I am in that position at the moment in Portugal with the Freelander but the tape seems to be holding out and I have about 2 weeks left here. When the Biker did the same last year I got a replacement from Jacksons of Old Arley. They keep a bucket full of different size poles, second hand, and sell them for £1 each! I had to buy a black one instead of Khyam yellow but not a problem for me.   Design fault do you think or what?                                                                                                                                                                             
bobbyfrankenstein's Profile
bobbyfrankenstein

In: Buxton
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

i was going to a festival in germany wacken, on a coach trip. was going to get one of those popup tents, a guy at work loaned me his, he had only used it once. when gave it back, he said he didnt think would use it again so i could have it! its a eurohike, double skinned, two person!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

as 6ypsy said above - Go Outdoors centres are usually pretty good value - as long as you take out the membership card (about £4 a year) managed to get an 8 man tent with enough space in the middle to park a couple of motorbikes Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

DID I SEE ALDI MENTIONED. well i suppose they're ok so long as you know its not going to rain or get windy. oh, and so long as your only going to use it once or twice                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

i always buy spare poles and take them with me, one or two more pole section with the rest takes no room at all and is easier than taking tape for a crap repair, most camp shops have them and cost little                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I did get a pop up tent from Lidl, and its pretty damn good actually - but its no good for the bike - too big a diameter, and worn on your back makes you look like a mutant ninja turtle :-)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 575 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption