sub zero

19 Posts | Latest reply on 22/12/2010 14:27:03 by PaulXXX | Go to original / last post
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

are the current temperatures likely to cause any damage to the bike when left adandoned in the garage?are any of the fluids likely to freeze? not sure how cold the winters are in japanLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Why have you parked your bike in a garage in Japan?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

And no they won't freeze. If it's water cooled make sure you got anti-freeze in it.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

should i send it home for the winter? will it just migrate on its own? dont want to neglect this one as I quite like it, just had a thought that if the fluid in the battery freezes and expands then it will crack the casing and corrode all the nice shiny bits.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If your not using it over the winter take the battery out and leave it in your house where it is warm. Under the stairs is ok (unless you live in a flat). I put a charge in mine every month just to keep it topped up with life.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

cheers for that, think my teccy know nowt knowledge can just about cope with doing that!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

should i send it home for the winter? will it just migrate on its own?

LOL

That's put a brilliant image in my head! Fly my pretty, fly!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wierdo.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

haha its the right colour for santas sledge and it deffo can fly just not so sure it would come back Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

She's gone off line now J. Something to with not getting cake on another thread.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

she will be in the kitchen having a nekkid baking session Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oooh,must pop over and have a look.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

or polishing the windows in her underwear.......   I`m calling it a night now but thought I`d leave you with that one!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'll be able to look through the window then. I'm off too now.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

lol so good to have you lot back                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

At least you'll only have to put up with me for a week Matt... I think Ricdude's here for the duration Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Talking about me again WB. Want more wrath?                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Oh go on then... But don't go spoiling me! Save some of your wrath for others Big smile

PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

Hi here are some things i have picked up over the years as regards to storing bike away for winter.
1, your yearly bike service should have checked or replaced coolant and brake fluid.
2, fill fuel tank up this stops moisture building up inside of tank causing rust.
3. leave battery connect to bike ( insurance voided disarm alarm by removing battery ) connect battery to a bike not car charger this will keep battery fully charged and stop it freezing.
4, It will not hurt to cover bike up old blanket or you can buy a bike cover.
5, I also once or twice a month uncover bike disconnect charger and start bike up for about 10 to 15 mins to warm oil up and pump it round engine.

CAUTION
This is for bikes with a main stand only, before starting bike (see 5) check to make sure your back wheel is NOT in contact with the ground and can move freely, seat on bike and hold front brake on and keeping clutch lever covered at all times for safety reasons and put bike in gear so as to let warm oil run round the gears and clutch.

Finally allow bike to cool down before reconnecting charger and covering up.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 1418 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption