Barmouth Camping Weekend - May Bank Holiday

774 Posts | Latest reply on 11/05/2011 10:14:39 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Back home safe and sound, how windy !!!!!!!!!!!   Riding through the mountains back on the back was a bit hairy :-(  but enjoyed the week end - thanks peeps !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

So... with all this going on... thankfully people will have forgotten about me and sumo skipping around the field.
Phew!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

That is imbedded in my memory forever THAT MAN                                                                                                                                                                               
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

err I have a photo of that Ian Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Wish now I would have stayed until Monday!   I left Sunday lunchtime and must say up until then it was amongst the windiest times I had camped in over the years, and I have done a lot of camping, from the scouts at about 10 years of age until now at 56! Seems like Sunday night would have been the ultimate blow job! lol   I was in a new, high sided tent so for sure mine would have flown the roost! It would have been worth it though, talk about storm chasers!   Glad everyone was ok, tents are easily replaceable, unlike folk.   PS. Was that Freddie Mercury reincarnate? lol (Not!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Freddie Mercury with a yorkshire accent and crap jokes is def one not to miss lol

Fair play to Rob for rockin the dance floor and slaps due to the naughty one and Steve for singing and dancing along to the dreaded A word !!!!

highwayman128's Profile
highwayman128

In: oxfordshire

I was a bit luckySmile putting the car on the tent saved it, but two poles poppedUnhappy. On leaving the camp going down by the tent dump, looked over! aahhh some polesThumbs Up, picked up a load, and spent all day today makeing new poles, put the tent up and looks okClap, just one guide rope to sew back on and should be all ok. So Im a bit luckier than some.

harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Freddy Mercury went to school down the road from here, the council put a mural thing in the ground outside my local pub for him. I'll shut up and go away now lol.                                                                                                                                                                              
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

I have been asking people the definition of the words BLOWING A  HOOLEY. This weekend in Barmouth confirmed it:- wind blowing out of control, not saw anything like it before and dont want to again.   I feel sorry for the folks that lost their tents during the night, i just hope it does not put you off camping - because you have to admit we did have a laugh LOLLOLLOLLOL STRONGER TENTS NEEDED Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Not stronger tents Al just thicker guy ropes and very long pegs Big thanks for bringing the trailer back                                                                                                                                                                              
nitro70's Profile
nitro70

In: Huddersfield

Had a fantastic weekend .. even with the wind .. Great to meet new people .. Jackie .. We need T shirts printed .. to commemorate blustery barmouth .. Leave it up to you to sort the writing .. lol Did look like a plane crash with all the debris all over the field .. Thanks to everyone for mucking in and rescuing the stricken campers                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Beginning to wish I'd come just to give the tent an airing. Stashed away in the loft i've got an old tent of the sort used on Everest expeditions. It's been all round Europe and overland to Morocco and Afghanistan, and laughs in the face of Welsh breezes.

Well, that's the theory, anyway!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Uploaded my few photos now, glad the ones I took of my only ride out up a mountain came out despite it being very windy and them being taken on my phone!   Weather was great last Wednesday when we arrived, only went downhill on Sunday really, but that was enough to turn my huge gazebo into a lethal kite and then flatten my new mansion.  C'est la vie.  We got out of it unscathed though other than JP's huge splinter from a split pole in the early hours, and hopefully it hasn't scarred the kids and the dog for life.   Very expensive break, never thought there'd come a day when I'd be glad to be leaving Wales, but I was that tired and devastated on Monday that's how I felt.  Sad end to a great few days. Unhappy   Special thanks to Benny for steadfastly hanging on to the remnants of our tent while we got everything out, and to everyone else who mucked in.  Man of the match was definitely Al (Timeout) for taking the trailer back for me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sorry for any confusion, but last few posts removed at Dark One's request as he believes someone has posted in his name                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Just remembered the look on Ambers face when she was mooned by Sumo lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

If you think weather was normal fri and sat night BM you must be made of pretty strong stuff?   I've camped in winds that strong before in Cornwall (there's that name again!) and also in Portugal but it was blowing at the extreme of my tent's capabilities on them two nights in Wales! What Sunday night was like I can only guess! On fri and sat my tent was sideways to the wind though so that may have made a difference as the tent's ar*e end should always be facing the direction the wind's coming from to lessen its effect.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

wind from ar**end are you sure Rattay lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

Yes but not after burgers and beans!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

and you a researcher as well lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

No probs JP and Boss Mom only to willing to help Thumbs Up Support vehicle to the rescue.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 535 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption