Faro 2011

45 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2011 15:37:15 by menavelasco | Go to original / last post
marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have after much deliberation (not) decided i am going to fly out to the Faro rally again this year, I would have like to have ridden down, but financial circumstances are against me at the moment,

anybody up for it

http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

I would love to do this again!   I went in 2008 and it was amazing!!       I'll start saving now...  1p..2p..10p..50p...£5.00...oooh and some pocket fluff!!!   wish me luck LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

Best rally i have ever been to Karey

check these out

http://picasaweb.google.com/furnessmag/FARO2007#

http://picasaweb.google.com/furnessmag/FaroRally2009#

Karey's Profile
Karey

me too Marsey!!   awww wheres the pics from 2008???  lol                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

Was recovering from 2007 ( was a stag party) LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Ha ha... nice one!   There was some friends of friends celebrating their wedding when I went...they spent another week touring Portugal on their bikes..lucky buggas!   Great photos by the way Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

to be honest i cannot remember taking any of them after thursdayBeer                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Haha nice one!  did you try the BBQ'd squid?  it was like shoe leather!! pmsl   Did you go in the sea?  we did..dint even strip off...straight in..it was that hot!!  lol   What about the open showers? those Germans aren't shy are they?  lol   We fly out from Manch.. £125 ...much cheaper than biking...but I would love to bike over one year.                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

No did not try the squid, I'm allergic to shellfish, so thought i'd steer clear, the smell was terrible, like somebody cooking old sewage workers boots ,

yes i went in the sea brilliant as is faro town,

them showers are fooking cold, and i know what you mean about the Germans, seemed to be only the blokes showin off though ( Take note any German BM members lol )

I am deffo going to bike it in the next couple of years,

did you stay for the Sunday night party, all the left over beer and food is given away free, mind you at 40 pence a half pint it seemed like they were giving it away all weekend any way
Karey's Profile
Karey

Haha..yep!   Yeh we stayed till the Monday.. i must admit i felt a bit vulnerable as all the security ( the army ) had gone and there werent as many lights about.  I wouldn't have wanted to be there on my own or just with lasses... but having said that we dint see/hear of any trouble at all.                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

Yeah, light bulbs hanging from the trees PMSL,

is a bit scarey when rally is finished , but a lot of very handy Cumbrian lads in our crew, and anyway one look at my hangover face is enough to scare off old nick himself,  the bin men were throwing some nice tents away,Including mineThumbs Up, my biggest gripe about rallies IS. packing my kit away (chore)  so apart from my Thermolite and me doss bag, i ditched the lot in Portugal, always wanted to do it ,resultCool

Karey's Profile
Karey

Ahhh there was only the 2 of us left (me and a big burly scottish fella i wa seeing at the time) I felt safe with him..but still felt a bit vulnerable.   I know what you mean about the packing up.. i hate it.  We got up late and had to mess about trying to stuff the tent back in its bag in the blazing heat..then walk to the airport.. we was like a pair of tramps.. lol    we shudda left it there!   Do you know who's headlining next year?                                                                                                                                                                               
marsey's Profile
marsey

do not know who is head lining next year, TBH don't care lol

bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

My pals do Faro every year and up until this year they loved it.   This years feedback was....never again.   The reason that they gave was, that they could no longer endure the 'red dust' of the place and the expence!!!   Their ladies all flew out to spend the last weekend with them and their feed back was not good either.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Awww Trish thats a shame.  TBH i dint really notice any red dust.. there's always the free showers and they have sprinklers running above the pavements which are really welcoming!   As for the expense ..well in 2008 it seemed pretty reasonable... but i cant comment on this year.                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

We have all been to Rallies that we have attended for years, one bad one, and  we all say never again, then we miss one but we go back,

Rather red dust, than white iceThumbs Up

I wil give a rally report............be a pleasure Big smile

Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Must say we had a great time in Faro this year and yes the red dust is a bit of a pain!   Great large rally though (I don't do large rallies any more!) A real non rip-off weekend (take note Bulldog, Farmyard, Stormin etc)   3 free meals over the weekend, loads of goodies on entry, low price entry, cheap beer and reasonable food, 24 hr bar, great entertainment, good loos and I didn't see any trouble at all.   Cannot go 2011 as other comittments but it is the 30th anniversary. Will be a good one Try and get there as early as possible (Wednesday) you will get a choice camping spot, under the trees and away from a main path 'ride through,' where you may avoid the worse of the red dust! Remember that if you're on a bike then you may not get it out on friday or Saturday if you haven't used your noggin where to park it, as you get more and more hemmed in by tents and bikes as the rally progresses.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

fly to a bike rally ??? WTF? so is it a fly ride rally ? Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol @ brumax...   yeh yeh .. i know.. it's not the done thing...but for us, for that paticular rally we had no option.  My ex didn't have enough time off work to bike it ...so rather than miss out, we flew.   The plane was full of bikers going , so I didn't feel tooooooo bad   Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i have never done it, understand reasons for flyin , But for me, i wont go until i have enough time to do it 'PROPERLY'   Wink                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 635 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption