eeek the snow !!

42 Posts | Latest reply on 03/12/2010 22:14:02 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

just chatting to my daughter in kingussie minus 10 at lunchtime and 15 ins of snow! im just glad i live next to the sea...thermometer dipped below zero for the first time last night! its positively balmy!Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Been snowing on and off all day in Solihull, but not settling, we have a sugar-coating on the ground but not much else.  Get's quite icy overnight but thaws quickly during the day so we're not suffering.  Truck has decided to break rather inconveniently though so having to walk everywhere!
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

Oldest son in Leeds says he can't even get down the road for the snow. Thought it was a student excuse to avoid lectures but he swears blind it's a day off today. 
Apparently it's so bad he can't even get out to a bar this evening to celebrate a friend's birthday - now that's serious!                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

The AA guy finally got here at 12-20 last night, he'd been busy all night and hadn't got over 15mph anywhere.  My car had been ticking over for just short of 5 1/2 hours by the time he arrived, so the battery's well charged, lol.   It's snowing quite heavily now.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Oh my Wierdo ... at least it was warm when you got into it !! 

About another foot of snow here Cry car could not make it into the close & I had to rely on a neighbours son to push me so I could get back onto the main rd                                                                                                                                                                              
Honda hotlips's Profile
Honda hotlips

In: Ayrshire

Sittin in car to take a call, when guy knocked on my window to say either i had a massive iceberg defrosting or my radiator was burst..alas it was radiator..waited 4hours for RAC ..got some sealer into it and managed to get home..the joys !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

Ever since the snow started 3 days ago my wife has just done nothing but look through the window.   I'm getting fed up of it now, i'm even considering letting her in!                                                                                                                                                                             
Suzi5551's Profile
Suzi5551

In: Durham

PMSL Weirdo!  LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Its white wet n slippy. and if you have a  hole i your shoe, buy some new ones, or get some plastic bags.                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

its just a bit of snow ffs - get over it!!!Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

Went to work tonight, parked my snow free car at 7-15. There was at least 5" of snow on it at 11-00 when they evacuated the site.  I'm so glad i only live 1 1/2 miles from work !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

if you carry 2 lengths of carpet in the boot you can put them under the driving wheels to get some grip, i also have some snow chains but find the carpet much quicker if its just to get me going after being parked                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

and how do you retrieve the carpet or do u just leave it lying??? or maybe you have to stop get out and then repeat the exercise to get going again Wacko that would be a long trip home. lol   well im still doing my 39 miles to work in 45 mins! Approve no carpets!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

once your out you stop and pick them up but you could always tie them to the back of your car or have two 39mile strips kwakgirl LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

hmmmm carpetworld here i come...........LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Think it works too with the carpetWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Well it's up to my knees in Hull, lets just say the 4 mile walk home from a late shift at work is fun.... NOT !! Unhappy But, I do like it.... weird eh ?!!                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

yay!!!! we have snow.....at last!!!! all 5mm of it! must go out and make a snow manThumbs Up or mouse anyway!
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Can send you some of ours kwakgirl ?!!! :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

At the mo, on this side of the island we've 14", and a bits melted since this am, apparently it was -17 over RAF Leeming way, last night according to the news. Nearly all the roads except the main 'A' ones are covered in packed white sh#te/ice, and not a gritter to be seen,.. as per! Great to get onto the site though, cleated wheel chains and band tracks on the playstation!!!!Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 645 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption