Anybody ridden to or in Russia?

9 Posts | Latest reply on 20/11/2010 16:49:46 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
ItsMrToYouSonny's Profile
ItsMrToYouSonny

In: Basingstoke
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm planning a modest trip in Spring 2011, Google map.  I'd like to extend it into Russia,  to St Petersburg and possibly further.

Has anybody taken a bike into Russia?  What was it like?

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

i so wanna join you on that trip!!!  Looks awesome.   And you pass my house in Holland too, so come and say Hi at least.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

Pretty well exactly my dream trip, apart from possibly returning Bergen-Newcastle. I'm not sure if spring is the right time for the Arctic, though, I'd have thought July a better bet.
I think I'd try the Cossack owners club at www.cossackownersclub.co.uk or the dealers at www.f2motorcycles.ltd.uk, just on the off-chance that some of their members/customers have made the trip into Russia.
Let us know how you get on.                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Check out Horizons Unlimited.com,you may be able to info from them,on stuff you need,or check out adventure riders,hope this helps,and have a fun and safe trip                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

In Norway stick to the E6 the costal route is a nightmare weaving in and out of Fjords all day, E6 is a good road runs North to Finland

ItsMrToYouSonny's Profile
ItsMrToYouSonny

In: Basingstoke

I kinda thought that was the point.  I've done enough of the 'blast across Europe in a day' thing and I'm looking forward to spending at least 6 weeks on the road and not being in a hurry.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well having been to Norway a few times you'll be amazed at how much of your time can be swallowed some of the fjords are hundreds of miles to get around it would take weeks to travel along all the coastal route, by all means take in a few, its your trip bud, I was just thinking thatyou would want to other things than driving west then east alonh more or less the same land scape for about 3 weeks and then some..... central Norway has some amazing sites aswell its steeped in History..... an open mind and lose itinary are always good grasshopper
Scuba's Profile
Scuba

In: Farnham

Hi
Have a look on the ' www.ukgser.com ' Big smile web site, there is a huge section on big trips and plenty of info about going to Russia. Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

HI
I'M 45 MINS OUTSIDE OF MOSCOW. I CAN RECOMMEND anyvisa.co.uk FOR VISA HELP BUT BE WARNED ITS A PAIN IN THE ARSE AND WHEN YOU GET TO RUSSIA DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER OR THAT WILL BE A FINE AND ANOTHER PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!
GOOD LUCK                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4375 seconds. There are 904 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption