Panniers, Rucksacs or Bags

121 Posts | Latest reply on 04/01/2011 12:56:44 by sifimedia | Go to original / last post
sifimedia's Profile
sifimedia

In: Paddock Wood
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Afraid so kooky.... like flicking channels on a Sky remote!

kwakgirl..... pleasure until those batteries leak and you get those nasty acid stains around your positive terminal!! ......  Censored

.....But, what is a guaranteed pleasure, is my set of Oxford throwover panniers. Lots of room in the expandable zippered compartment, with full waterproof covers. Double web under the rear seat with a click lock latch to prevent the top web from accidental fastening!

What's you're opinion, kwakgirl? Wink

kooky's Profile
kooky

In: Wolverhampton

Is it just the 3 channels or is there more!                                                                                                                                                                             
sifimedia's Profile
sifimedia

Oh No No No................. no clues, kooky! You'll need to find your TV guide!! Confused

kooky's Profile
kooky

In: Wolverhampton

ERM yes okay - other channels not so popular then as i wouldn't need to look on tv guide lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i personally would recommend ramming it all in brummie jackies car, especially the pan of home made chilli !!! hey drobs !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
sifimedia's Profile
sifimedia

I take it 'ianhg1971' you don't like chilli, or for that matter, Brummie Jackie's car!!

That chilli sauce is a real pain to get out of car seat material..... It'll probably just stay there with all the other stains!! Dead

oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

do we need a white flag to join in this?   all of above seem quite valid (luggage options i mean! waving flag here look!)   however, over years... if your leaving bike /luggage to do tourist stuff, hard luggage more secure/ less stealable? top box throws weight a bit back? tank bags great for stuffing stuff...gloves  for tolls...tickets on payage?....drinks......chips on way back from sea.. hard panniers more rain proof over weeks trip?  (get leather seats, the chilli tends to rub off then if your quick, 5 second rule helps if you eat it quick?)                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

@Kooky - we get everywhere...i bit like dust! Bring the vac...perhaps it will fit in the tail pack!                                                                                                                                                                             
sifimedia's Profile
sifimedia

That comment killed the forum, kwakgirl! Wanna try something else?                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

good LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

rucksacs are bad only fit luggage to the bike not youself                                                                                                                                                                             
sifimedia's Profile
sifimedia

Here, Yamahama. There are 2 blokes in your profile picture. Are you a double act or something? (like one called Yama and the other called Hama).  Which one is you?

Also. I never ride wearing a rucksack. I always tie any bags to the bike, that way your protective clothing can do its job properly should you and your bike part company.
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

lol the other one is a certain Mr Guy Martin! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
sifimedia's Profile
sifimedia

Cheers kwakgirl. Good to know someone's up on the racing scene.                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

i had a rucksac with a built in (removable ) spine protector, which also had an expandable jip, to acomodate your helmet off the bike, worked well, though i feel less bulky without it , and using hard luggage drops your centre of gravity (cos we are at such a cutting edge of skills) and anything i can do to apear less bulky is good (it`s only a little post holiday weight!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I've seen recommendations to carry laptops in rucksacks to insulate them from the bike's vibrations. Has anyone any comments about that?                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

I insulate mine by leaving it at home Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I am with you on that one Julie Thumbs Up

Rather than risk my spine if I part company with the bike my 'top box' actually fits where the pilly seat goes, comes in handy for rallies or if I use the bike to go to work on, working in an accountants office it raises a few eyebrows still when I go in on the bike & then have a skirt & heels on in the office LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

why do you want to take a laptop on a bike Cat.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I don't at present but I used to as part of my job when I worked for riders' rights. Plenty of people who use a bike for work may want to do so. However, I always carried it in the tank bag when I took one on the bike and it didn't seem to do it any harm. Magazines suggested using a back pack to carry a lap top so I wanted to see how that squared with the discussion.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 565 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption