Anyone else having house renovations?

51 Posts | Latest reply on 24/04/2007 03:31:05 by storm | Go to original / last post
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

And why is it so damn stressful?
The local council has decided in it's infinite wisdom, that it's time to renovate the kitchens, bathrooms and fit new central heating systems in the 30 year old houses on our street, one house at a time (our included). The quoted time for each house is 4 weeks

So far, it has taken them 3 weeks to gut the kitchen, gut the toilet/bathroom and knock that into one, plaster board and plaster the kitchen and bathroom and rewire the kitchen and fit new radiators and a new central heating combi boiler (which had to be moved from the kitchen to up stairs as to fit the vertical flu).

We are now waiting for them to come and fit new bathroom and shower and fit the new kitchen. So for the last 3 weeks we've been living off microwave meals and take-aways.

It's really starting to get on me wick a bit now, I just want it all finished and to be able to get to normality.Angry                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

whats normailty 2w - been searching for years for it never found it LOL  what you've got to remember is when a council says a job is going to take  'so long' - they are talking in council time like highways time ie 1 minute on your clock = 3 minutes council/highways time - so by using the council clock - your work should be finished in 12 weeks so you're a quarter way there LOLLOLLOL   Sorry thats not helping is it                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LOL Naughty Croc.                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

True tho cobra. Soz 2ws ya gonna live on chicken ding for a while yet, specially if any bits from the kitchen are missing Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                               
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

ur council fits showers? lucky you! mine have just done the yearly central heating boiler check,which is behind fire in living room,so had to move furniture whilst bloke watched me then when he took fire off he found sum fluffy handcuffs!! (wondered where they had gone!!) x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ooo witchiest Wink i need a cold shower now - can i use yours 2w oh sorry not been done yet LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

i've got a watering can? was gonna say hosepipe but it got nicked last summer!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

just give the kids some water pistols - I llike a good water fight                                                                                                                                                                              
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

they wud love that! gonna treat em to new water pistols this year,u can get pump action ones!! i may regret it one day tho! xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Somebody kindly got George one of those damn great guns, it's nearly as big as him and I can't run away fast enough!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LOL yeh and you can get battery powered 1s two which fire further and faster LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

cheers fer that croc Tongue
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

shhhhhhhhhhhhh bwb will want one lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev

Best not let him see the website for sharp pointy things, that I've found either then LOL

Talking of websites, http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?sid=240593 Fearless Casual Wear. Yes, I am the designer of Fearless Casuals, the new cool clothing range. Please go take a look. Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi mate - good for you but why dont you get in touch with spiral direct and get them to link you with their tribal wear - they a good crowd   and if you fearless - y dont you tell rc you'll join me for the waxing ha ha for her charity do                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

yeah go on 2w's join croc lol i dare ya mr fearless lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

what i meant is put a link on their website to yours and vice versa - said communication wasnt my strong suit                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

i want a ad/dc t shirt now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

got a dc bomber jacket from back in black tour                                                                                                                                                                              
RC's Profile
RC

awwwwwwwwwww not fair lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 1308 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption