Events Tagging Problem

13 Posts | Latest reply on 06/10/2010 22:05:53 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Unfortunately there's been a problem with the new tagging system in the new events photos gallery pages.   It may be necessary for you to delete and recreate any tags made between 29th August and today.   Please check your tagged event photos and check if your tag is in the correct place.  If it is then don't worry, if it's not then just delete and re-add it.   The problem was caused by a date/time problem in the script i created, causing some photos to open in a smaller window than they should have been                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Oh bum, thought you were going to say we could go back to the old system when you could just look at a photo and see who was on it, rather than have to open a different version of it to check if anyone has tagged themselves, or am I getting it all wrong?                                                                                                                                                                             
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh

have to say i agree with you there RC .. not an improvement in my humble opinion.. bring back the old way please Matt..                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

I,v said this before can we have it back as it was, i dont know who 1/2 the people are now, i think it's such a pain to use now that people wont bother with tagging.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Got to agree I prefer the old way where you can see on the main pic who is who , does it not take more server space Matt... Having a tagged and an untagged photo stored?

Tho I have to admit I do like the new layout :-) Where the thumbnails are bigger
Matt's Profile
Matt

only 1 photo is stored, it's just called and resized accordingly when needed.   The old pages were only even usable on Internet Explorer... anyone using firefox, chrome or a mac will know exactly why it had to be changed.   Now the photos open full-screen (if they're uploaded in a high enough resolution) and you can tag them in a much larger screen (good for group pics where there are dozens of tags to add).   The new version is much faster and more efficient for those viewing the photos and also for the server.  It's also the same over all browser versions now (the old version had things that non-IE browsers couldn't handle so them browsers had a terrible version)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

...so them browsers had a terrible version)   Matt, your English teacher will be spinning in her chair, what kind of grammar do you call that? LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol i was rushing the message, had to get to work.  I is good at my english stuff innit                                                                                                                                                                              
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

Seems I'm in a minority, I prefer the new way of tagging pics as you can actually see people.  On the old system you couldn't always see peeps properly as they would tag their names over their faces!!!  LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That was a problem???? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

Well of course Andy, wouldn't want you hiding your handsome face with a tag Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Looking at some of the pics from RTTW ... some of the tags look like they are way off where they should be  .. this is like this when I use Chrome on my PC or on my I Phone                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

maybe i look at the wrong pictures but i have't seen any that anyone else has tagged and it seems like a lot more clicking                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 1243 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption