I really gotta get a harley...But which one?

63 Posts | Latest reply on 06/10/2010 00:28:13 by fxr swas | Go to original / last post
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

you really need to get a honda ........... ha ha                                                                                                                                                                               
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

Lol is that what you have john : ) hows yer arm                                                                                                                                                                              
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen

hi earthwind ,  arms not to bad at the moment ........cheers . are you and willow going to rivington barn  tomorrow                                                                                                                                                                              
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Get a Rocker it's the best looking and there quite rare so you'll stand out from the hords.                                                                                                                                                                              
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Dunno bout best looking like, unless its a black 1-really, it does look better black. Never thought I'd say it but after seeing a crossbones in the flesh,well ,thats a nice motorcycle, then again the v-rod muscle,very nice looking bikes but the FXRS still holds the crown.In black of course.
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

I'm not that up on Harleys, the new 48 looks ok but got slated in a certain mag.                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

(fireblade j ) oh i might have a run out if other people are going might blow some cobwebs away

My favourite harley is a legend lmao ha ha ha!!!!

(thats a triumph)

no i do like the old style harleys sat on one that was 20 years old though looked fantastic , but can I remember the model .... errr no straight out me head like the wind lmao
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

They always usually do get slagged off, so how can a bike journo jump off a gsxr, blade etc etc then have a blat on a Harley,worlds apart and I dont for a minute think theyre unbiased.Dont matter tho if you want 1 you'll be happy with it although with the newer models money comes into it,big time.
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

i would love to ride out across the states on one though, mmmmmmmmm sturgis up the rockies and across the great american desert (as long as you had loads of water, through yellowstone park would be cool or through pensylvania mmmmmmmm                                                                                                                                                                              
Bluegrass's Profile
Bluegrass

In: Medway

My Harley is 35 years old I built it from bits, know every nut and bolt it is as much part of me as my right arm have no interest in new ones sold through a dealer I couldn't possibly explain Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

I dont think you need to because you built it so its all yours i think thats great.

its that fantastic  feeling of knowing the whole bike like it a part of you. While I have never built a bike I like the feeling of checking it over and taking of the fairing and getting to know the bike.

I have stripped engines down on cars and cleaned em all and put em back to gether knowing that everything is in place and working and oiled and cleaned etc.

Bluegrass's Profile
Bluegrass

In: Medway

Yep, not for everyone room enough for everyone, ride what you enjoy                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

exactly                                                                                                                                                                              
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

The Fourty-Eight basically got slated because it has a 17 litre tank, so you're looking for a petrol station every 80 miles or so.  I think I'd only consider the XR1200X but I do too many motorway miles, not sure I have the neck muscles for it ;)
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

Thats all part of the yank "bar hopper" bobber styling tho, Standard Sporty tanks are the same which leaves the option of the buying the king sportster tank.                                                                                                                                                                             
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Hey ST, the fourty eight has an 8 litre tank, not 17. Can you imagine the MPG for 80 miles to 17 litres Thumbs Down   Sorry m8 .. Mr bloody pedantic again Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

Teach me t' read things properly wont it                                                                                                                                                                             
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Teach me for working from memory too ;)  All I remembered was the fuel tank was silly small ;)

Phantom1539's Profile
Phantom1539

In: Kendal
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Gonna look at a couple of bike's locally this week.....wish me luck gang                                                                                                                                                                             
Phantom1539's Profile
Phantom1539

In: Kendal
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Oh well. that's done it. put a deposit down.....gettin a victory on thurs....awesome bike. Pictures comin.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2031 seconds. There are 603 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption