Well Done Thames Valley Police...

17 Posts | Latest reply on 24/09/2010 09:17:03 by Rob1050 | Go to original / last post
ZZRpilot's Profile
ZZRpilot

In: Reading
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

who found my bike running (and I assume abandoned) late last night in scumbag Reading central.   Currently in a recovery yard being looked at by their crimes people - hope to pick up tomorrow (costing me £150 for the honour though grrr -- assuming police have finished with it).   Recovery yard said ignition n wiring ripped out for hot wiring and gear lever snapped off.   I am hoping that is all there is damagewise and it hasnt been crashed (pleasepleaseplease if so let the toerag be in hospital in a mess -- I'm not feeling charitable to them ) and the gbox is not ruined).   Lets see what tomorrow brings.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Hay thats good news well done coppers finaly left the speed gun at home today !  nice one  ZZRpilot                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Am pleased for you and least you will get it back nice oneThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Heyyyy thats brilliant news ZZR!! Thumbs UpClap   I can't agree more, if it was a crash..hope the scumbag is suffering, BIG TIME!!   Hope the damage is minimal... Good Luck!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

heres hoping fella                                                                                                                                                                              
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow

Hey good news ZZR Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

fingers crossed, keep us all posted                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I'm amazed! it wasn't run into the ground and burned out, that's what usually happens with older bikes. Newer bikes are usually dismantled, or shipped out, and customers waiting for parts.   Hope the damage is minimal and you're back on the road in no time.                                                                                                                                                                              
brad_the_impaler's Profile
brad_the_impaler

In: Saundersfoot, Pe

Jeez, can't believe you get charged 150 quid for having your bike recovered!! Surely the t&*#s that nick it should be footing that bill Angry.
But congrats on getting it back, I'm thinking of packing mine with C4 and a remote detonator.

micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Now thats something you dont hear very often

Prob got pulled for speeding to get the coppers attention

Great you got your bike back.
Can you claim against the uninsured drivers that we all pay into. Not sure how you go about it but sure someone on here will have info                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Good news ZZ :)                                                                                                                                                                              
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Love the idea of the C4 Brad....Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Good newsThumbs Up   But £150 to get it back !   Who's profiting from that ?Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
brad_the_impaler's Profile
brad_the_impaler

In: Saundersfoot, Pe

I'm gonna start my own private bike recovery business! For £150 I'll even copper grease all the bolts and clean and lube the chain too before it gets returned Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

"Who's profiting from that ?"

The private recovery company who are storing it.  Glad to hear your got it back at least.

wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Surely if your claiming on insurance for the theft and any damage caused to the bike then that £150 is part of that claim. Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

I'd certainly hope so.   A few years ago I had a car stolen. When it was found, the police gave me the option of collecting it myself, or having a recovery firm do it it, for which I'd be charged.   I'd not be happy if not consulted, then presented with a bill.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 852 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption