Bike careers

7 Posts | Latest reply on 26/09/2010 20:21:25 by yamahama | Go to original / last post
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Does anyone ride, repair or anything else for bikes for a living?

I want a career change and would like feed back from anyones experiances.

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

All I know is a mate rides round London all day for a livin and won't use his bikes for plesure it has wrecked his enjoyment of bikes so think hard before you do                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Agree with that JP, When I tested Triumphs all day you certainly didn't want to ride your own bike afterwards. It was fun getting to play on the new stuff but ultimately boring and quite dangerous as the bikes were unknown quantities. Infact I have sorned my bike as a result. Still miss it though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Rider training maybe?                                                                                                                                                                             
tiber69's Profile
tiber69

In: Bury St Edmonds

No so much of a career but still applicable to this thread I think....   In a previous job I ended up having to do a 200 mile round trip each day getting to work and back home again.... because I spent so much time on the road during the week I really didn't have the energy or motivation to go out and about on the bike during the weekends.... most of my weekends ended up being spent working on the bike so that it was OK for the following week! Servicing.... oil changes etc etc. Now got a new job.... had to replace the bike due to the high milage I threw on the previous bike and this bikes purely for pleasure.... would never ever consider a career where I was on the bike as part of my job.... it really does take away the enjoyment.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I travel all over the country on my bike for my job.  However, I am lucky in that out of a typical working week I am in the office 3/4 days and out and about 1/2.  As such I don't spend so much time on the bike that it becomes uninteresting.                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

This dosen't sound very promising. Thanks for your input.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 1051 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption