Bike respray ~ any advice is welcome

19 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2010 19:36:56 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

ive just purchased a kawasaki 550 chopper; the downfall is it's yellow...  Sick   im ringing around for respray quotes... any advice or recommendations are welcome!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                 
giantdog's Profile
giantdog

In: Derby

There was a guy showing some fantastic work at Bassetts Pole last week, I've got his card somewhere.   I'll dig it out for you                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Matt pink?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Resprays you get what you pay for in that area, if you going for one colour go for powder coat its far better and dont stone chip as easy                                                                                                                                                                              
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

only advise i cane give you gordy..                             dont get it sprayed yellow !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LOL shadow the wheels are gonna be pink

JP ty for the advice i'm looking into powder coating option

Dunas ! :-p                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Matt pink  hmmmm rat bike no ! rats tail maybe lol   let me know if you fin a good one Geordielass i need mine doing too                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I too would pay a bit more and the finish will last rather than just rust in the winter..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Will do wheely, someone pm'd a good lead so im waiting for the guy to respond ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dont mind paying a bit more for a good job clinton... but need a few quotes before i can decide... Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes too right and maybe get a few quotes and see who you will like giving the job too..:)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ive managed to find someone in cumbria via a very nice gent on bm..... so im a happy bunny!!!   ive had it out (illegally cough..) today and im totally besotted with it Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That sounds good now,its the after sales stuff if something goes wron and its worth it..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i agree clinton... and i trust the guy that gave me the lead, the garage did a spray job for him recently... he seems really genuine even went to the garage for me this morning.. what a gem!   Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

spesh thanks from me, to these two guys Thumbs Up  Beer  awesome !!!   RustyKnight   and   Blade Pilot                                                                                                                                                                                   
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Just an afterthought,I had a custom job done on my FXR,pro sprayer,who used cellulose paint,nice job-but on a petrol tank you can get problems cos the petrol can knack the paint round the filler hole and if there are balance pipes as in Harley tanks,the paint just starts peeling away.Got a new tank done by an old school pro who uses 2 pack,far beter finish-depth etc,petrol doesnt affect it although with with health & safety laws etc lots of places dont use 2 pack anymore but well worth asking what the painter uses and the preparation needed,its lots of money to end up dissapointed. 
Phantom1539's Profile
Phantom1539

In: Kendal
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

You can get petrol resistant laquer for the fuel tank....I used it when I custom painted the top of my tank....It takes a bit to cur then buff but well worth it...See Pics on my profile. (It keeps me amused)

fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Which if you dont mind me saying is fine if you do stuff yourself and got the equipment, lots of people aint got the skill etc needed and thus pay others to do it for them,I had to but would love to spray,aint got the place or gear to do it, or the time.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

so phantom.. when you available to do a respray (jks) your tanks looks bloody awesome.. nice job indeedy!!!! Thumbs Up   fxr.. i will ask the painter what he intends to use in preparation... thanks for the advice.. Handshake                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8906 seconds. There are 1378 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption