Meaningful Songs

62 Posts | Latest reply on 15/11/2010 21:16:47 by Weirdoraptor | Go to original / last post
ace_morgan's Profile
ace_morgan

In: Hadleigh, Southe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I know there has been a post about songs you are listening too, but I thought what songs have meaning or are meaningful to you, be it the words are meaningful, or have a special significance to you (and/or your partner if you have one)

I have a couple:

- Startlight by Muse which was mine and Ali's song
- The wedding Song by Kenny G - the song we got married to
- Breathless by Kenny G - How Ali made me feel
- Now by Dave Carroll (country singer) - The words are so meaningful and true to life
- Over the Rainbow by Eva cassidy (Can't listen to it though :( )
- Remember Me ( again I can't listen to it at the moment)
heaven by DJ Sammy - I just think its a beautiful song with meaning

What songs are there you guys/girls :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

music is such an emotional thing,,,for me it has to be the following,,

slow,,rumer,,
roll me away,,bob seger,,
have i told you lately,,,van morrison
constant craving,,kd lang
bring me to life,,,evanesence
there ill be,,,faith hill
angel,,,,aerosmith

IUsedToBeAHedgehog's Profile
IUsedToBeAHedgehog

In: Nottingham

I'll change my mind on this one at least a dozen times before I finish typing it, but these ones spring to mind for me :

Fate, by New Model Army
Will You, by Hazel O'Connor
Rain, by The Cult
Johnny Was, by Stiff Little Fingers (OK, a Bob Marley cover, but it's the version I know best)
Shattered Faith, by Bad Religion
Gone Away, by The Offspring
One, by Metallica
Ghost In My Bedsit, by Peter & The Test Tube Babies
Not A Day Goes By, by Leatherface
Train In Vain, by The Clash

There'll be more, but they'll do for now
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

great link ace... but its difficult to narrow the tunes down to a few lol   Savage Garden ~ Truly, madly deeply ~ great memories attchd to this tune, with the only man i ever truly loved   Guns N Roses ~ November Rain ~ special memories attchd to this tune   John Lennon ~ Imagine ~ tune always makes me cry, the words are deep and meaningful   Eric Clapton ~ Tears in heaven ~ sad song but comforting too   Leona Lewis ~ The first time i ever saw your face ~  gives me goosebumps   Bryan Adams ~ Im ready   Bon Jovi ~ Always                                                                                                                                                                               
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

i like leona great voice but roberta flacks original is better                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ah dunas... i agree and disagree huns, when i heard leona sing it live.. it broke me to tears Unhappy  roberta flack is an amazing artist!       hey roberta flack ~ killing me softly.. is another awesome tune                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

i like the fugees version . hmmm lauryn hill                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

now there's an amazing voice .. lauryn hill !!  i agree with you on that their version is better.. more rhythm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I know a lot of people find 'em cheesy,especially after the whole "loin cloth" business LOL ,but I always find Manowar uplifting.'Heart Of Steel' lifted my spirits when I was terribly low & spurs me on whenever things weigh 2 heavy on me.(ps:I liked the loincloths LOL)                                    PPS:Love this topic,Ace Clap)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol horsewoman..  Thumbs Up to the loin cloth haha                                                                                                                                                                                 
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

In: London, Ruislip

IUsedToBeAHedgehog - excellent taste in music IMO, and coincidentally you've also chosen a few of my most significant songs -

SLF's awesome cover of Johnny Was and Train In Vain by The Clash... both songs bring back a lot of memories of happier times for me.
One, by Metallica... not a huge Matallica fan, but for me this song alone justifies their existance, best thing they ever did IMO.

Along with -

The Wind Cries Mary by Jimi Hendrix...
Led Zeppelin - Achilles last Stand...
The Stranglers cover of Dionne Warwicks Walk On By...
Hurt, Nine Inch Nails...
Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins...

- all for various reasons that I won't bore you with.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I always find meaning in different songs, I guess we can usually chart our emotional life through the power of music and song.... There are so many that mean so much for different reasons it would be hard to choose.... But I do
Think the eighties and early nineties had some powerful rock ballads that could touch the depths of any heart......
savanna's Profile
savanna

In: Cotswolds,Glos.

you so right johnnytb, doing long stints at work this week and last , all i am blasting out is that , greatest rock ballards, just love it and hot chocolate ,brian adams . . . . . . love them all , brings frog to throat , tears to eyes, good and bad memories , xx                                                                                                                                                                             
IUsedToBeAHedgehog's Profile
IUsedToBeAHedgehog

In: Nottingham

Thanks Warhed, glad you agree Thumbs Up

Is your name a reference to Charlie Harper, by any chance?

suzed2805's Profile
suzed2805

In: Gtr Manchester

Love this song for so many reasons - Paul Weller - You do something to me  - awesome                                                                                                                                                                             
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

@ IUsedToBeAHedgehog - Spot on, kudos to you, can't deny I'm an old punk at heart. The mis-spelling is intentional, a nod to a very old and virtually unknown character from 2000AD comic who was almost certainly inspired by the song, his look clearly drew on the singles original picture sleeve.

The UK Subs wrote it something like 30 years ago, more than 20 years before 9/11, but still seems pretty relevant today.
dunans's Profile
dunans

johnny was is my fav slf song too - awesome tho i like all slf stuff seen em live 5 times back when i was alive :)                                                                                                                                                                              
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Nan's Song by Robbie Williams - makes me cry every time, makes me think of my mum

Family Portrait by Pink

Tourette's by Nirvana - just insane, love it Geek

Sweet Home Chicago by the Blues Brothers

The End by the Doors

This Lullaby by the Queens of the Stone Age

Bohemian Rapsody by Queen - childhood thing with my sisters and best mate

Paranoid Android by Radiohead                                                                                                                                                                             
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

I've seen many, many bands over the years... and SLF were among the best live bands I've seen.                                                                                                                                                                              
ScarletKiss's Profile
ScarletKiss

In: Sheffield

Static X - Cold

Opeth - Blackwater Park (just reminds me of good times shared with a great person)

Soil - Halo & Pride (always pick me up if im down)

Clawfinger - Bitch (just makes me laugh)

Queens of the Stoneage - In My Head

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6270 seconds. There are 583 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption