Wheel clamping to be banned

10 Posts | Latest reply on 19/08/2010 15:31:43 by Warhed | Go to original / last post
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Wheel Camping and towing on private land is set to be banned by the government in England and Wales probably from next year. They wiil however still be able to issue tickets. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Are you just posting random threads because you're bored Phil?  Would you like me to come up with jobs for you to keep you occupied?                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Phil if they can issue tickets but not clamp it will stop all the chancers charging 200 squid to remove one and put the gangsters out of business, sounds good to me Thumbs Up

Has anyone had a bike clamped by the way??                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I knew someone who got clamped big chain and a concrete block, he had pictures taken of the chipped paint on the wheels then called the police and had the clamper charged with criminal damage. Dodgy blankets and police were waiting to get something on them a lot of complaints about them so BAN them all I say bloody robbing barstewards
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

In: Prestwick
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Nice to see you are catching up with Scotland, we've had this law for years after someone took a company to court and had them charged with holding there car to ransom Thumbs Up   Welcome to the free world Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Calmpers are absolute W*****s....my friend had her wheel clmaped by an illegal clamper!!! Grrrrr!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

In: London, Ruislip

No arguments that clampers acting illegally are vermin of the lowest kind - but, on the other side of the coin, many people who park illegally are every bit as annoying and inconsiderate.

I used to share a house in a busy part of town, and people would actually park IN our back garden, which was obviously private property and clearly marked as such, bocking in all our cars and bikes so that it was impossible for us to get out at all! The number of times we had to phone in late for work because of this was ridiculous - and it ONLY stopped once we got in a wheel clamping firm.

I don't care how bad street parking is, NO ONE has the right to park on someone elses property without permission - how would you feel if someone just left their vehicle in YOUR garden, maybe totally blocking your car/bike in your garage or on your drive?

Sadly, the threat of a big fine enforced by clamping is probably the only thing that stops inconsiderate lazy scum from doing this sort of thing, so I wil be sad to see legitimate clamping of illegally parked vehicles stopped.

giantdog's Profile
giantdog

In: Derby

the only time I was every clamped in my Jeep I just drove out of the device and never heard another word about it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

If a vehicle is an obstruction then how does clamping it stop it being so?   If you park on my drive I am legally entitled to move it anyway!                                                                                                                                                                             
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

In: London, Ruislip

Of course clamping a vehicle which is causing an obstruction doesn't stop it - that's what tow trucks are for. In other cases, the threat of a large fine and the inconvenience of being clamped is intended to deter potential offenders from doing it in the first place.

Fact is that no one ever parked illegally on our private yard after prominent clamping warnings went up, so clearly it worked exactly as intended for us.

Whenever we contacted the police about people parked on our yard we were very specifically warned that we were NOT entitled to move offending vehicles, that if we moved  the vehicle and abandoned it in another spot where it was illegally parked we would be held responsible, also that if we did so and caused any damage to the vehicle we would be charged with causing criminal damage at the very least, along with TDA/TWOC in all probability. Quite how we could have moved a locked, parked car off our property is a bit beyond me anyway, even if in theory we were entitled to - we didn't have a tow truck (and if we had, it would have been blocked in!) and none of us knew how to break into cars without damaging them.

As I said before, I think illegal clampers are vermin. I have no problem with clampers who obey the law, quite the reverse - I have no sympathy for selfish, inconsiderate and lazy drivers who think the world is their parking place.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4375 seconds. There are 463 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption