My Bad reccomendation

13 Posts | Latest reply on 18/08/2010 19:01:20 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Now I know these are not motorcycle trousers, and no substitute for proper gear.....   ......but I ride in jeans most of the time and would expect to get as good abraision protection from these.  just picked a pair up tonight, and the knee pads from my textile trousers fit in nice too.   Will wear them into work tomorrow as it's quoted as raining.   http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/products.jsp?id=290...p;ts=82534                                                                                                                                                                                 
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

ill have a couple of pairs of them cheers                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

water repellent isn't the same as resistant.  I bet the seems will pour water through.  Sorry  Confused   I bought a pair of Hein Gerrick pants (& jacket) about 5 or 6 years ago, plus a pair of Altberg boots.  I've never had a drop of rain touch my crotch since.  Bit pricey, but compared with all the other waterproofs I tried that didn't work, plastic bags on my feet under my boots, etc... I can tell you that this set of kit is unbelievable!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

i put the plastic bags over my boots it keeps the boots dry to   and plastic bag over your gloves keep them dry to                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

For peeps with small hands next time you fill up pinch a few of the plastic gloves from the pump if it rains just put them over your gloves. its better to put them over your gloves before you put them on                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I have a great pair of cotton traders waterproof trousers that I used when testing the bikes, warm,dry and free...They were given to me by an old work mate as they clashed with his jacket!   No substitute for proper bike kit obviously but we are all adults here ( in age if not mentality ) and ride in what we like.                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

in age if not mentality.......   gotta be the quote of the week..... love it  LOL  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
savanna's Profile
savanna

In: Cotswolds,Glos.

just ride safe, how are we to stop the kids,(including mine) ignores me , from riding in short sleeves and shorts ? I tell him and tell him , still does it and pumps aaaaahhhhhhh kids , till he in hospital all smashed up , still doesnt listen to me, any ideas?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Kick his ass and tell him next time he rides without decent level of protection his bike may or may not catch fire ????????                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

definitely take his keys!!   As for people still using bags over their gloves or boots... why?  Just get some good kit that's waterproof as I said above.  I learnt this lesson after a few winters riding to work.                                                                                                                                                                             
moongoose's Profile
moongoose

In: Leeds 27

I took your advice recently Matt and bought some Altberg boots.These are proper waterproof and can be resoled by Altbergs when they wear down.I've had wet feet in the past its no fun.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Isn't it a bit dodgy wearing plastic bags over boots? How do ya stop from sliding over the ground when you put your foot down, or try to manouvre off gravel? Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

it's no problem Kwak and they cost nothing, when i buy new boots it more important there comfortable, i find treating them with Renapur keeps most of the water out anyway                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 861 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption