EXUP Valve, keep or remove?

6 Posts | Latest reply on 31/08/2010 17:41:40 by yzf.rider | Go to original / last post
Jimclark's Profile
Jimclark

In: Cheshunt
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have an old Thunderace, is it worth dumping the exup valve and will it make any difference to the performance, i accept the bike will need to be retuned if it goes.                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I'd keep it, helps with midrange. Helps if you have a fruity can too, you can keep the noise down through villages etc. Interestingly enough performance car makers are fitting these to cars now.                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I'd keep it, helps with midrange. Helps if you have a fruity can too, you can keep the noise down through villages etc. Interestingly enough performance car makers are fitting these to cars now.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Definitely keep it!!! I had a Thunderace myself (there's a pic of it in my albums) had a Quill or Art can on it ....... loved it and it really helps, the only time I had an issue was when it got stuck open and the performance did suffer.

The rev counter misbehaves too if its sticking or is taken off.

Just get it tuned at a Dynojet place if you were going to spend money on it anyway                                                                                                                                                                              
suzook12's Profile
suzook12

In: Kings Lynn

Depends what ynt to do with it really.... Losing the valve only has any benefits if ya junk the exhaust for a large bore race system then you'll need a dynajet stage 3 kit to make it work plus dyno time. If you just looking to make it a little livelier then sports can, free flowing filter and keep the valve would be best bet   Steve                                                                                                                                                                             
yzf.rider's Profile
yzf.rider

In: chesterfield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

you can now get aftermarket headers that actually take the original exup on ebay £179 or is it that ur valve has seized and you need a new valve.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 1292 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption