The Vic in Coalville Weekend 18 - 19 Sept 2010

14 Posts | Latest reply on 25/07/2010 08:26:45 by JP | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

A weekend at The Vic in Coalville has been provisionally booked for 18th and 19th September 2010

Starting off on the Saturday with a ride out in the local area and ending with a night at The Vic, live band and DJ.

John the Manager has said he is happy for folk to take a sleeping bag and crash down on the floor of the pub :)

Bacon butties will be available on the Sunday morning along with a brew.

Unfortunately as myself and JP have already got several BM event committments on the go at the moment we are looking for folk to take the lead role and organise the weekend  ................................... am pretty sure theres enough of you guys to make it a good one ..................... so go on who's going to step up first lol

Route planner required

Band finder required

Ticket provider required

and all oter stuff lol

GO ON YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I also cant take lead role on this as too many other BM events and committments going on ... and on 'rest' to (ok, you can stop laughing now) lol   But anyone putting themselves forward ... I will help and support you any way I can :)   I will also be there for the weekend, to meet greet and generally pester you all ;) lol   Some great folk out there with great organisational (cor big word) skills Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Not me I'm afraid, organising an event where there is nowhere to camp other than a car park and nowhere to sleep other than a beer infested carpet of a pub.  Sorry.  If there were proper accommodation or a decent field to camp then I could understand it but to organise a weekend event where there are no decent facilities seems a bit odd.
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

can't do this away that weekend                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

As above I am afraid Cry

As I would be unable to attend, its not really practical for me to take a lead sorry boss sir                                                                                                                                                                              
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

rockchick1965 stated:   "Not me I'm afraid, organising an event where there is nowhere to camp other than a car park and nowhere to sleep other than a beer infested carpet of a pub.  Sorry.  If there were proper accommodation or a decent field to camp then I could understand it but to organise a weekend event where there are no decent facilities seems a bit odd."   As far as I'm concerned RC1965 has hit the nail on the head. As a venue for a rideout on Saturday or Sunday, somewhere for a beer, a burger and a chat with mates on Thursdays and seeing the occasional band the Vic scores well but as a place to hold a weekend function then it simply does not have the facilities. Camping for a handful of tents on grass verges around a pub car park together with crashing overnight on a dirty pub carpet on a "bring your own airbed & sleeping bag" basis @ £10 a throw falls well short of my definition of having a good time.   I for one will never attend a weekend function.                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

Im with you on this one scorpio as well                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

theres a hotel  ,next to the vic which most people use when staying the weekend..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Do you mean the Hermitage Park? £57.50 a night for 1 person, it'd probably be cheaper for me to get a taxi home.

If this goes ahead I'll probably go along, but I'll be going home again afterwards. There really isn't anywhere to camp, and the pub doesn't look like a nice place to sleep.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Got a gig tonight will ask if thay are free that night and how much as not local                                                                                                                                                                              
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

I kinda have to agree with the comments about the Vic not really being an overnight stay sensation!!  It certainly doesn't fill me with 'fluffy thoughts' about either camping or crashing.  If it did go ahead, I would rather not drink and go home afterwards.  I'm too old now for all that shCensoredt!                                                                                                                                                                              
Bat's Profile
Bat

In: Warwickshire

Can't make either going to the BMF Tailend @ Lincoln!!                                                                                                                                                                             
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow

sorry already committed to the camping at the lakes on the 19th ....                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Bump                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 698 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption