BM ride for 100th Birthday of Macmillan Cancer Research

57 Posts | Latest reply on 01/09/2010 00:30:39 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Mmmmm i may even be there on me scooter lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Shell, I'll deffo be up for this. Once the hairy one gets back from Europe, I'll make sure he's up for this aswell lol. Will see if he can get the chocolate factory to donate/sponsor Big smile.....(calm down Jackie)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

You know I'm definately up for this one, the McMillan nurses are looking after my mum  :o)   Hopefully I will have a big bike by then, if not, me and Zig will be there.  :o)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sounds like a fun and worthwhile weekend. Can't say this far in advance if I'll be up for it, but you certainly have my support in principle. Thumbs Up Shell, you said "you will need to have your own insurance", do you just mean bike insurance or specific insurance for doing this event? I already have RAC cover and a SatNav.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Gary, don't know why your text was white?!?  but i've sorted it for you Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

How about setting up a just giving page > http://www.justgiving.com/

For those of us who can't join in for the actual run, we can still try and raise funds.  You could even set up a facebook page?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks. Thumbs Up

My text always comes out white if I put a smiley in it, I normally edit the HTML and put a <font> tag around it but I forgot this time. One day I'll figure out why.                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Brig a just giving page is under construction as we speak.

Stella Lady you did mention the C word so how i am supposed to be calm !!!

Gary you have to go to laugh at me on my scooter / bike lol

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thanks everyone please keep the support and ideas coming ... Jackie is right we will have a just giving page, Facebook too tho the route will not be put up there az it will be a BM event at least for first year till we do one lol

Gary I mean bike insurance we will sort any public liability that may be needed, you just need to be sure that you have bike insurance and breakdown cover just in case as the group will not be able to stop for roadside repairs however one of the back markers will stop with you till your recovered

Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Jackie i now understand why you were Evil Smile smiling when you said everyone would be wearing pink, panic over and i think wearing pink for this occation is a worth while cause. long way off but i am up for it Thumbs Up.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ebbsy1's Profile
Ebbsy1

In: Coventry

Great idea and up for it as well.  Have now passed my Mod 2 and should defo have bike by then. Do Macmillon have any celeb patrons that could be persuaded to attend the first day or something to max up the publicity? Could we approach some of the professional racers to spare their time for free for this good cause or start the ride out or omething?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Do we have to commit to all 4 days? What about overnight stops?   Def interested, tho.Smile ('specially the 2 fer 1 offer)Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

To answer more Q's

Time thanks your down
Ebbsy, will ask Macmillan when we meet them, and I am sure Jackie will note your 2nd idea
XK ... We hope people can do all 4 days, we will set off at lunch time on the Friday ... Till lunch Monday will have to see on numbers if it will be possible to take more on enroute if we are maxed out at the start then we will not be able to take on more.
Overnight stops, we are trying to sort out indoor stops so equipment to be carried can be kept to a min.

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

What ............. what have i done now lol                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Ah, didnt realise had to do the full 4 days ... wont be able to do full 4 days, so out of this one, sorry.   Great cause though so wish everyone thats able to do it, safe riding and hope you raise tons of money for MacMillans Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Don't rule yourself out .... As I said if we do not fill all spaces then it will be possible for people to join us enroute, but it's something we will not know about till nearer the time :-)

Jackie ... You already know the answer to that Q lmao
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Cool .. well, keep me in the loop then and let me know when you know .... will keep that weekend open meantime till then.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Good ...   Thank you to all that have neen in touch so far , We have had lots of offers of help & ideas, please keep them coming, we hope that next year will be the 1st of many that we do for Macmillan but as it is their 100th birthday we want to start with a bang Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
gordon62's Profile
gordon62

In: selby

Thought this might be of interest to you for celeb wise, the other week I was at helmsley and while I was having a fag break I noticed the guy that plays Bill in coronation street (kevin webster's dad) out with i'm presuming a mate both were bikers, maybe you could drop him a line at granada and ask him if he's up for joining in or something     ps whats with the £1.20 parking fee there, i wasn't the only 1 to leave wen jobsworth came round, about 8 of us went to thirsk instead                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thanks for that Gordon ... hope someone knows who he is cos I dont watch the soaps at all  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 549 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption