tax disk

17 Posts | Latest reply on 02/07/2010 22:06:35 by yamashirlz | Go to original / last post
yamashirlz's Profile
yamashirlz

In: north yorkshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hiya all anyone whos not got time to get to post office should get there tax disk on line ive done it for my bike, ordered mine on monday night and its came today, i think thats better than standing in a queue dont u Approve xx                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Thumbs Up every time
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I've been doing it for a couple of years now. Thumbs Up

yamashirlz's Profile
yamashirlz

ye well id nearly forgot to get mine and deceide to give it a try lol safe carrying all my paperwork too dont it lol will defo be doing it all time from now on xx                                                                                                                                                                             
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

I've been told you can still ride your bike even if your Tax disc arrives late. Because you are registered on the DVLA data base.

yamashirlz's Profile
yamashirlz

lol dont no about that one dont no if i would chance it x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well the ANPR system is going to show you as taxed, so you're not going to get pulled for it. But I'm pretty sure the law says you need to display the disk, so I wouldn't like to risk it either unless I really had to.

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

erm i rode up to free camp after i registerd it four days late but it was back taxed so i rode it any way                                                                                                                                                                              
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

Just been on DVLA website and copied this about Tax Disc.

I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.                                                                                                                                                                              
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

I had an accident in April on my bike ..... I had renewed my disc but hadn't changed it new one expires end of this month .....explained to th police at scene that I have it just not got new one on bike they were cool about it though..... Don't know if it would of been the case though if i had just been pulled over
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Not put the tax disc on my bike for 4 years just have it in my pocket if I remember                                                                                                                                                                              
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

In: Prestwick
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I prefer to go to the local PO and collect it, it gives them work and keeps your local PO open, this is another reason they are all closing down, plus we all know what the postal service can be like.   Everyone to there own.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Print out the online reciept & carry it with you, if there's a lapse between the old disc expiring & the new one arriving.                                                                                                                                                                              
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

I am lucky enough to have a PO a couple of miles away from me that never seems to have much of a queue (is this one for the chop as well?)   I too like the personal on the spot service and human contact.   What with, 'holes in the wall', online shopping and self 'serve and pay' supermarkets, younger people could lose the ability of 'stranger interaction' leading to individual isolation for some and an inability to interract for some others.   Worse case scenario I know but it's already leading to people not wanting to get involved in 'interferring' with blatant bullying or cruelty on the streets or stopping for bikers broke down on the road to see if they require help etc.   I'ts probably inevitable that nearly all business will be done online eventually, it saves time, energy and money, also no-one is ever to blame! 'Sorry it was a computer malfunction'                                                                                                                                                                              
missvondarkness's Profile
missvondarkness

In: weston-super-mar

i dont have a credit or debit card so i cant do this so its PO for me every time                                                                                                                                                                             
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

I agree it's important to keep POs opened and that interaction is better than a faceless screen, but I resent having to queue for 15 minutes (on a good day) and barely getting a hello or a smile when it's my turn....                                                                                                                                                                             
yamashirlz's Profile
yamashirlz

we only have one post office where i live and theres always mega queues so i only go when need to dont wanna spend my day off in there,plus i never had the time anyway with working double shifts at work , like i say each to there own ....                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 985 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption