the scotch piper in lydiate every wednesday

62 Posts | Latest reply on 13/10/2010 20:49:21 by Wills | Go to original / last post
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

perhaps should put thin on the forum instead of on here

anyway weekly bike meet at the scotch piper in lydiate

The Scotch Piper Inn, Lydiate, Merseyside, England is the oldest pubhistoric county of Lancashire. It is located on the A5147, 10 miles (16 km) from Liverpool and 10 miles (16 km) from Southport. of the The building is a Grade II* listed building and dates from 1320. It was originally known as "The Royal Oak", and sections of the trunk of the oak tree around which it was built are visible from the tap room. The building retains a thatched roof. There is also a well known bike meet every Wednesday, with bikers from up to 20km away visiting. It stands close to the site of Lydiate Hall and next to the remains of St Catherine's Chapel.earthwind x

dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

might have a ride up this week if its nice                                                                                                                                                                              
awokenangel's Profile
awokenangel

In: Wirral

Thanks for that Earthwind. Also, Oliver Cromwell and his men are reputed to have stopped for an ale or two there on their way to do battle at Preston.......                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

yer see fantastic and historic  dunans you should have a trip up and yerself awokenangel you not that far away either, I could meet any one and show em the way (lol)                                                                                                                                                                              
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

although you both coming rom different directions southport and wirral                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Other regulars include myself, Whiteairedfox, Suzisue, Pocketrocket and anyone else we can drag along. Visitors from Manchester will automatically be granted a temporary tourist visaLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
awokenangel's Profile
awokenangel

In: Wirral

Well I'm unable to go anywhere on my bike as some a*******s tried to steal my bike the other night Angry, but fortunately my next door neighbours heard them and chased thm off, but not before they had knackered the ignition barrell and then fecked the gear selector lever when they dropped it before running off. My fantastic neighbours (not knowing anything about bikes) CARRIED it back the 100 yards or so because they couldn't wheel it as it was in gear !!     It's now languishing in the back yard awaiting a friend to sort out the gear selector lever so I can use it again. (Yes, I know, I should be able to do my own mechanics, but I can't Embarrassed). Anyhoo, I was a regular at the Scotch until about 8 years ago when I moved away from Merseyside, and haven't been back since moving back nearly two years ago......                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Oh what a bummer. When I used to have to keep the bike outside I got to the stage where I could change the ignition barrel on an XJ650 with my eyes shut I was doing it that often. Saved me from weeping, tooCry                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

I hope you can get your bike sorted out for future runs up to the piper. AA what a ba..........d thing to happen :) What goes round comes round                                                                                                                                                                               
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Its a great little place with tons of other bikers .... I mean bikes to perve at ;)   If can get there ... I will see you there (thanx to Manchester pas from Wills there) lol                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

cant do this week will go next week if anyones going                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

Theres a few that go every week Dunans, so, see you there :)                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

yes go every week dunans                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

Hey Earthwind, Wills and anyone else going ... me and Sheena are DEF going, so will see you there 8.30ish Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

excellent thats great see you there then :)Clap                                                                                                                                                                              
willow's Profile
willow

In: Tyldesley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

see  ya all there.............you have been warned..i'll doowt for a free supper !! lol xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

fantastic am glad you bike is sorted as well                                                                                                                                                                               
willow's Profile
willow

In: Tyldesley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

oohh so am  i....i feel human again after getting out for a blast on sunday!!                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

yes it sounded like a good run out lol                                                                                                                                                                              
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

just getting ready for the piper now see you all later :)                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 791 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption