Valentino Rossi in bad smash

22 Posts | Latest reply on 25/06/2010 09:10:47 by Holmfirthgirl | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Poor guy's done his leg in really badly this morning. Three months out, at least. (But footballers who break their leg that badly look at a year out...not nice at all)

Get well soon, Doctor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/8...723843.stm                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

That made me feel sick......I thought that you meant Our Rossi!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Ouch! hope he's a quick healer.   To be expected in his line of work tho eh?                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Thanks for changing the thread titleThumbs Up Didn't mean to start a panic in Bolton!

bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Awww,,,nice to be cared for !!!  Embarrassed

I'm GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!!   Me baby !!!!!!!!!!

No point in going to Silverstone now,,,,glad I never bought me ticket !!

You know what this means now though,,don't you ???  His unbroken record of never missing a race start has been well (m)ucked up !!!!

Reckon he'll go to rally racing next year, don't think he'll come back after this.

Get well soon Vale
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

he needs another 20 ish rare wins to be all time greatest rider so think he will make a come back                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

at least it was only his leg he broke hi everyone                                                                                                                                                                               
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

that should be race wins opps                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

the racing today didn't seem quite so exciting without him                                                                                                                                                                              
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool

Completely gutted,my hero,racing was not the same today,even went out whilst racing was on,hope they can work some magic with the injury,and get him up and running sooner than later,edd                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

A high side  blimey  val your sliping buddy   he'll be back and asking to get rid of traction control again  !                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Update:   Valentino Rossi has promised to return to racing when he recovers from the compound fracture of his right leg he suffered on Saturday. The 31-year-old Italian faces a long lay-off after crashing in practice for the Italian MotoGP and will undergo a second operation on Monday. "It'll take time, the important thing's to return to 100%. It was a bad fall," said the reigning world champion. "Do not worry, I'll come back soon. I was afraid, now it's a lot better." The six-time MotoGP champion joked that he was feeling good because "I have a great relationship with morphine", and thanked fans and fellow riders for the messages of support they sent him from Sunday's race, won by Dani Pedrosa. "I thank all those at Mugello, I saw the banners and all the drivers who remembered me," he said. Rossi, who had never previously missed a race in 15 years of racing, had four screws inserted into the injury during his operation in Florence on Saturday, and confirmed there was more work to do before he could leave hospital. "The operation went well, Professor Buzzi worked well and looked after me as a family member," he said. "Monday, there will be another operation to close the wound, then we will think about rehabilitation. "I knew immediately that I had injured myself, seeing the foot a bit disconnected from the leg was bad. "I saw the incident [on a replay] and it was awful, but it was much more so seeing it from the bike. "They were difficult times, there was fear, then it got better. I was sedated. When I woke up there were the nurses who comforted me."                                                                                                                                                                                 
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Hope he doesn't end up like Mick Doohan.                                                                                                                                                                              
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

When I woke up there were the nurses who comforted me

Well,,,,,,he's obviously feeling better !!!!!!!  

LOL

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

I can imagine he will have the nurses in stitches with his cheeky humour!   Hope he makes a speedy recovery, its not the same without Rossi !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I would comfort him any day , whether he wanted me too or not lol                                                                                                                                                                              
unclebuck1983's Profile
unclebuck1983

In: middle earth

mother (bj) im sure he will b ok                                                                                                                                                                             
Kwak_fan's Profile
Kwak_fan

In: Solihull

I think like most people Rossi is the most talented rider ever, but age gets us all, look at his shoulder injury and how its bothering him. I remember a quote from an old racer years back, very few bike racers retire when the want too, its forced on them through injury.
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

UPDATE

VALENTINO ROSSI is at home, but still immobilised with his leg elevated, as the slow process of recuperation continues.

Rossi was transferred from the Centro Traumatologico Ortopedico in Florence where the operation was performed to the hospital in Cattolica, close to his Tavullia home, on Thursday, June 10 – where a less pedantic medical regime allowed him to return home directly.

But he still needs to keep his leg raised, as the open wound heals, being especially careful to avoid any risk of infection.

He is reported cheerful, and telephoned Silverstone’s Day of Champions auction for a live message broadcast to the fans. “But I think he will be hitting the boredom zone soon,” according to Yamaha Racing chief Lin Jarvis.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 826 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption