Police issue Margate speeding biker warning

12 Posts | Latest reply on 09/06/2010 21:41:28 by insanedj | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Footage of a motorcyclist being caught riding at 140mph has been released as a warning to bikers ahead of the Margate Meltdown event. Video'd from an unmarked police bike. Watch close and you'll see the rider pull a wheelie at over 70 mph.....   http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8704111.stm                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Cracking riding though eh Paul WinkLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Apart from the wheelie and the undertaking, i thought he rode fairly safely albeit quickly. Couldnt see the problem myself Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

did you see the camra flashes off his number plate too i think the unmarked police bike keeping pace would make some people go faster though i really dont think they should be unmarked                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

LOL Steph,

Bet he was told to 'make progress' on his advanced riders course Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Dont forget the lack of indicating, not checking his blind spot before passing... best bit is the bike cop was getting paid to chase him.... How cool is that... bet he loved every second of it Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Yea and the cop was speeding too, did he/she give themselves a ticket? lol                                                                                                                                                                                  
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

think he's stupid for continuing when a bike was following him so closely.  I'd have waved the bike past, seen if he had and if not then i'd stick at the limit.   And i too would undertake, did you see some of the open roads in front of those lane hoggers?  Idiots                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Question is, why, after committing several traffic offences, was the guy not stopped ? There was plenty of opportunity. Perhaps the cops are more interested in getting sensational video footage than preventing further offences.     fwiw : I don't think he did anything particularly dangerous either.                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

I noticed at around 1.19 on the video he slows to less than 55 to let the chasing bike past, he tries this a couple of times, then lets go as its like the chasing rider is kinda baiting the guy to race off.  Yes he's a plonker but how many times does this happen?  Some c*ck sits on your backside and you just think, blow you, I'm off.  Hindsight is a great thing though and as we sit here armchair analysing, I wonder what we might have done if we were in his shoes (Dianese) at the time.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I noticed how he slowed down and pulled over to let the cop pass.Yes he was a plonker for speeding like that, especially when he obviously knew he was being followed, but it did seem like the copper was baiting him.Hopefully forewarned is forearmed, as they say.                                                                                                                                                                             
insanedj's Profile
insanedj

In: Slough

wish I'd seen that before I went to Margate, turned out to be an expensive day out Cry                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 708 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption