bump?

20 Posts | Latest reply on 19/05/2010 16:18:33 by BOBKAT | Go to original / last post
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

what does it mean when folks put "bump" in a forum.. new to these things.. and what's IMO while i'm at it..   ta muchly                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

bump just brings the topic back to the top so peeps can see it                                                                                                                                                                              
bigned's Profile
bigned

In: Eastriggs
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

hi ya mate the bump is just someone "bumping" a topic that hasn,t been posted on for a while so it goes to the top of the list in active topics !   IMO do u mean lmao ??? "laughing my ass off"   hope this helps                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

IMO = Im My Opinion   HTH..=  Happy to Help   :o)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Because topics are listed in the order of the latest posts, just posting "bump" brings them back to the top. It's sometimes claimed that it means Bring Up My Post, but IIRC bump never started out as an acronym.
IMO usually means In My Opinion. Also IMHO for In My Humble Opinion.(And IIRC is If I Remember Correctly)                                                                                                                                                                             
nawe's Profile
nawe

well thank you all.. i'm a computer dinosaur slowly lumbering towards the 20th century.. i've heard we in the 21st century now.. god help me when i get there!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
bigned's Profile
bigned

In: Eastriggs
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

there u go been on forums for years and i didn,t even know what IMO meant !!! lol   suddenly there is a lot of posts that make more sence !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

dont forget FTR = For the record 

Thumbs Up

bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I thought there was an FAQ for this. lol

nawe's Profile
nawe

stop it now...me poor likkle old brain has reached it's daily capacity LOL LMHO ROFL.... hmmm..                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I thought that there would be FAQ, but I couldn't see one. I didn't look very hard though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

FAQing 'ell not another un? lol   B.U.M.P. stands for Bring Up My Post   Refresh (my invention for the forums) just means the same as a bump but it's not the person who posted the thread that's bumping it.   If anyone wants a list of acronyms that are in general use, all over the internet, PM your email address and I'll send you one.                                                                                                                                                                                   
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Head over to our sister site, www.bikechat.net where you can find an acroynms database with about 8,000 records in it!   BUMP is to bump up the topic that has been mentioned already.... HOWEVER it's often considered very bad internet etiquette and is normally only done by the staff/moderators of a website in order to bump up topics that we consider to be of high importance.   Some websites (Not BM) will rap you badly for bumping a topic, especially if a topic has been dead for a while.  Here on BM topics are just locked after a couple of months (someone bumping a topic 1 day before it locks would be told off for sure though)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt, love, why the eck would we want 8,000?   Only a handful of standard acronyms are used on a regular basis, in the chat room and forums, and the ones that were provided by BM, (a long time ago) one of them was Americanised. LMAO came up as Laughing my darn head off Confused    Also one had to leave the chat room in order to view the acronyms then when one came back the text colour had to be reset.                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

It's just a database i found, not something I built.  It's to be queried, not printed as an extensive list.  So if you're wondering what one is, just use the tool on BikeChat to figure it out.   I might build it into the BM website soon also cos it's been asked for before I know.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hey nawe, I'll bet you wish you'd never asked PMSL and thats another one to work out T.M.F.A. (Too Many F**king Abbreviations) ha haLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
DTR30's Profile
DTR30

In: Nantwich
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

WTF!!                                                                                                                                                                              
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

As a nearly newbie I found the previous details useful and now can follow things - can someone explain how to post a new topic/thread - thank you Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

BobK - go to the top of the page  - click on All Forums, then click on the forum you want to start a new topic in. Then go to top of page again & click on New Topic Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Thank you, much appreciated Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.4531 seconds. There are 1044 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption