Time Limit for Speeding Notification

46 Posts | Latest reply on 06/06/2010 20:50:28 by geoffb2005 | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi peeps,,, does anyone Know how long Mr plod has to notify you of a fixed speed camera offence.... I have been told that if you have heard nothing within 14 days then you wont at all !!!!! Can anyone confirm this ?????or has any other info!!!!! cheers....craig                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

14 days is correct, tho I think you have to allow for postal delays etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Basically the NIP has to be sent within 14 days of the offence or the court won't be prepared to hear it.http://www.ukspeeding.co.uk/NIP.htmhttp://www.nopenaltypoints.co.uk/does-nip-have-be-served-within-14-days.htmlhttp://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/crimertonip.htm                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

oooerrr mr cw.... ya naughty lad !! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers Rob,,,,is that 14 working days,,,mon-friday ???? and a bank hol inbetween the 14 days????(add 1 day on ???) any ideas???                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

Just because it says Rocket .............. Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's 14 days not including the date of the offence, weekends and bank holidays included.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers for links GBeldon,,,,will check them out now... feistygirl,,,,naughty but nice with it lolLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sunday 25th april,,,, Am i clear???????                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

GBeldon,,,,,,cheers,,,very good links.........craig                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Anne,,,,,,it was a motorway,,,,dont get me started on motorway speed limits !!!!AngryLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nope not clear yet, they need to have sent it by now but it could still arrive within the next couple of days. Seems pretty unlikely now though.

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

craig, my boss was done last month and thought he'd got away with it but unfortunately it's 14 days from the offence to the date on the letter not when it arrives at your door! Guess what, his letter was dated exactly 14 days from the offence so expect the worst mate.
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

With Craigs luck it,ll probably arriveUnhappy..Hopefully not!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Now sitting with everything crossed for next couple of days,,, just a thought though,,,,did not get my log book till 30th april post,,,but that means dvla should have had me as registered keeper on 25th????still might be ok!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I will repost on wednesday late afternoon once postman has been!!!!!!! At least ive found out about the 14 day rule!!!!!(for next timeLOL)NOT                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

old red ,,,,,,if my lucks got anything to do with it,,,,more than 1 will arrive probably tomorrow,,,,,had a really bad month last month,,,,, and Terry,,,i'm already geared up mate to expect the worse,,,,,just want my luck to change a tad this month!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

It actually depends wether it was a camera or you were pulled over.Once you recieve the nip either verbally or by post then they then have 6 months. But they have 14 days to inform you of their intention to prosecute. If you were pullen over then you have recieved the nip verbally.
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Well my boss went to court to dispute the timing but ended up with a £700 fine and £250 solicitors bill. He was doing 101mph near Newcastle airport and proved the copper couldn't have got an accurate reading based on the time it takes to press the trigger and the distance he'd covered but still got done although he wasn't banned so I suppose he was lucky!!!
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool

when i asked about the 14 days,they said as long as they have posted the letter within the 14 days,they are correct,i received my letter 8 weeks after the offence and had to pay,a law for them and a law for us?edd.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9531 seconds. There are 658 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption