Yamaha MT01/Bulldog owners - advice/opinions please.

1 Posts | Latest reply on 09/05/2010 16:03:18 by Warhed | Go to original / last post
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

In: London, Ruislip
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm considering getting either an MT01 or a Bulldog and wondered if anyone on here has one or used to own one. Any first hand opinions on the pros and cons from owners would be greatly appreciated.

Things like fuel economy, tank range, braking, handling and size/weight are of little concern to me (my main ride is an old V-Max) and I don't carry passengers or significant amounts of luggage. I'm much more interested in longevity, reliability and power delivery, and to a certain extent not-insane running costs in terms of consumable parts like brakes/discs, tyres, exhausts and chains (MT01)

I'm rather concerned that both bikes appear seriously underpowered (particularly the Bulldog) compared to pretty much anything else on the market, let alone the V-Max although I'm well aware that pure BHP isn't the whole story with large displacement V-twins. I do a lot of urban riding, so I'd imagine the low down torque these bikes produce would make them decent to ride to work in traffic.

Still, I'm a little concerned that overall I'm going to be rather underwhelmed by either machines power after what I've become used to, especially out on the open road and when going to rallies etc.

TIA.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.0625 seconds. There are 455 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption