Rear view helmets

36 Posts | Latest reply on 28/06/2010 13:44:02 by Santa3644 | Go to original / last post
Santa3644's Profile
Santa3644

In: Sidcup
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi girls and guys, anybody got any experience with the new rear view helmet http://www.reevu.com/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

hmmm 

youtube.com/watch?v=a9uLsMq7mBE&feature=related 

That has a report about how it all works . Not sure I could get used to it tho lmao                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

I could do with one purely for BigNed watching purposes lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Now now .. you love him really ! 

***she only wants it so she can present her assets as he approaches from behind ***                                                                                                                                                                             
Santa3644's Profile
Santa3644

In: Sidcup

I'm dying to get my hands on one - got to wait another 2 weeks for delivery though...mighty exciting                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

No flippin chance have u seen the size of his shovels i mean hands ....                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

You will have to let us all know how you get on with it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Be good to se how you get on with the new lidSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford

TBH my first feeling when reading about it I feel too much might be going on in forward vision.  Could something flying out of a junction behind you cause you to react as if it was in front?  I know shoulder checks and mirrors are important but having stuff moving in your line of sight all the time from behind could be information overload?  Danger of looking behind too much missing something vital in front?    Anyway  hope to hear more about it, but not my cup of tea                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Nor mine!  I think it's too close to the line of sight to be safe as it could be easily confusing.

Also, I've had three or four accidents caused by things happening in front of me, but never because of things happening behind.  It's important to know what's going on around you at all times, but the most important direction is straight ahead.

Besides, surely you are still going to have to look over your shoulder?  After all, what is happening to your side is again more important I'd say than what is happening directly behind.

However, I could be proven wrong and it would be interesting to see how you get on with it.  But I'm not convinced.                                                                                                                                                                              
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Wondering if they have some sort of flip system on the mirror..From what I could make of it on the vid night-time riding could become a bit precarious if all you have is some idiot with headlights set too high behind you shining straight into your helmet via the interior mirror system, thereby illuminating the inside of your visor & decreasing outward vision..Thoughts anyone??
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Why do I get the feeling this helmet is a hoax?   The guy in the vid looks well hacked off  lol   Good point made there, Red                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Seems to be a lot-but not a lot-about it on YouTube to be a hoax Kwak..And I couldn,t find reference to 01.04.10 cos that was my first thought April fool!!..We,ll seeLamp                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

It has gotta be a joke.   As a poster mentioned night time lights behind you would be a nightmare!   We've already got mirrors for rear views that are adequate.   Ratty                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

At least you would know if you lost your pillion........ instead of seeing thier head you would see whats behind you..... Not convinced at all..... it wont stop a brain dead muppet in a box on wheels rear ending you.....                                                                                                                                                                               
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

If your sitting on a bike like an R1 or Blade or similar all your gonna see is lots of sky unless you have an extra joint in your neck.   You wont see past a topbox or pillion. I really wouldn't want to see the frightened staring eyes of who ever is sitting behind me. The night time thing wouldn't be any different to being in a cage. I get lights in my normal mirrors anyway.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

the RAF have been using heads up display for years haven't they don't hear of them running into things coz the looking into them do you ?                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

This is very true WN, but then again, they don't often have to deal with people pulling out in front of them.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

There are a few slight differences WN HUD displays cockpit information in the pilots line if sight. There have been far far more military "incidents" and near misses than you will ever hear about, let alone the cause of them. As Blues will back me up, we used to get shed loads of reports in the crew room of official investigations into such incidents. Unless it is a low level incident or mid air collision, the pilot has some time to evaluate a problem and work out a solution. So HUD and a helmet mounted rear view mirror system can not be compared. In addition the pilots of modern aircraft have highly sophisicated computer systems to help fly the aircraft... to the extent that we now have pilotless aircraft that are flown remotely...                                                                                                                                                                             
ogriy's Profile
ogriy

In: wakefild

you cant do eneything about wots behind you.a wast of time and money Thumbs Down

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 451 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption