All Weather Bikers

67 Posts | Latest reply on 29/03/2007 14:51:55 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Other than me and BJ anyone else been out today?  We have had it all, snow, hail, rain, sunshine, freezing temperatures and gale force winds.  Marvellous!!!!!!   Only one thing is bugging me, what the blazes is up with these car drivers?  The word driver used very loosely.  If a motorcycle can find grip on snow hail and ice, they can, not that you would think it.  Except for the 4x4 drivers who seem to think that they are invincible and drive accordingly, bunch of total planks!  Rant over, i feel better now LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yep i been out to the cafe at Brifgenorth this noon and it was a bit chilly but only a spot of rain.As for car drivers well,they're car drivers aint they but it is a fact that bikes grip the road better than cars can.Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yep ive been to mums and grans etc. About 20 miles done.   Bloody horrible tho as we live up in the penines and it has been a blizzard! Pics to come soon                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikerjulia's Profile
Bikerjulia

In: Warrington

My ride home was quite funny but bloody freezing, there was me and my mates Sue and Davy, poor Sue was struggling in the wind cos the bike had everything on it apart from the kitchen sink. Must admit I was having a bit of a frozen problem with me gurly bits Embarrassed so we pulled into a service station and Sue changed the setting on her sat nav to avoid motorways, her way of thinking being that it would be less windy, my way of thinking was Oh my God this is gonna be a long ride home ( I was right!) at that point the heavens opened and down came massive hail stones, Sue just screamed at the top of her voice, 'we cant ride in this we will all die' to which me and Davy went into fits of giggles. We all made it home safe and took at least 4 hours to defrost, probably the same length of time as a frozen turkey, anyway the moral is NEVER CHANGE YOUR SAT NAV SETTINGS, trust me the 'avoid motorway' option really means 'lets take the pxxx outta already frozen bikers'
fjr_graham's Profile
fjr_graham

In: Sheffield/Barnsl

Nice to know that you got home safe I was only out for 15 minutes and that was bad enough. Snown in now so tomorrow will be poor unless things change, just been to look out we have about 3 inches of snow here                                                                                                                                                                             
Gunslinger's Profile
Gunslinger

In: Dunfermline

Up here in Dunfermline has been a nice but cold day, will be a different story later on in the week; have fun bikers.                                                                                                                                                                             
storm's Profile
storm

In: derbyshire

hey gunslinger welcome to bm mate   enjoy                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey what did I miss? I was out on my steed on Saturday and was blown all over the place. On Sunday I was going to take the bicycle out after I bought a jacket but couldn't find a decent jacket. Still managed to walk to the Hobgoblin tonight, watch some live bands kick ass and then walked home. I didn't see any snow, just several downpours while out shopping and an almighty wind which helped my bird watching activities in town to no end!                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Snow, hail, sunshine and i did my impression of a hibernating hedgehog and ran for cover!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Redreynard's Profile
Redreynard

In: Newcastle upon T

The Boxer and I had a lovely time around Co. Durham and Tynedale. Very bracing indeed with some fab near-whiteouts. As for the cars, well, we left most of the timid little darlings doing 20 with their windscreen wipers going wump...wump...wump...LOL It was a lovely day; rain, snow, wind, sun etc. Didn't see anyone else though, shameCry                                                                                                                                                                             
storm's Profile
storm

In: derbyshire

i've been out trudging over the hills wiv my little doggie this morning, an it bloomin freezing, theres not much snow though only in the hedge bottoms, but i lost her ball and spent twenty minutes combing a field for it, found it eventually though, took me camera wiv me and managed to get some nice morning shots with small it of snow on them. an i didnt see anyone either must have been too chilly for them all
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

that sounds like my kind of morning storm. i miss having a dog,used to have a little black lab called ash,but had to leave her behind when i left husband,i got the kids he got the dog! sumtimes manage to get out over the fields when i go down to my parents farm tho,they have a lake and its great on a frosty morning round there.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yeah, my fella and I went to Welsh borders on bike - his description of me dressed for elements is "a little ninja baby doll who I hardly know is there save the giggling/cuddling and hand holding on the straights"!!! lol!!! oh yeah, and the tap on the shoulder when I notice something not as should be e.g. indicator forgotten about, his glove come undone (which I do up!!) etc etc.  Very cold and breezy going down there but exhiliarting too - we cuddled up for practical purposes you understand lol!!! Return journey looked like snow/sleet etc so he lent me waterproofs (he's almost 6ft me 5ft3ins - plenty of spare length lol!!!) virtually came up to my boobs when pulled up, wow how sexy - but hey, kept me dry and more insulated.  Again, very cold, wind took bike a few times but great exhilirating ride - I mean the bike lol!!! So, all weather bikers here too...............and what a brill weekend it was..........way to see the open countryside and have fun together - or one of em anyway lol!!! Sandy x                                                                                                                                                                             
Redreynard's Profile
Redreynard

And  poochy stayed in the warm and dry, eh Sandy?   What a Gent you've got. That's not a decision I have to make, just as well on Sunday, it might have been a close callErmm                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Glad you all managed to blow the cobwebs away and survived to tell the tale and make me jealous Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Redreynard's Profile
Redreynard

Don't waste your time being jealous, Diane.   Put your thermals on and put out a metaphorical thumb. I'm sure one of us could breeze by, coax Tiggywinkle out to play, and help blow your cobwebs awaySmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

The reason you did not see anyone else senor rossovolpe, is that you were riding in the wrong area, or i was, or BJ was or Sandy+1 was.  Next time we should organise a "scare all the car drivers" meet. we can surround one of them and keep circling thier pathetically slow moving tin box until they see the error of thier four wheeled ways and agree to join us in the liberated two wheeled path to spiritual and emotional fulfilment.    Of course the other reason is, i wont feel so alone out on my bike in attrocious, i cant believe i am riding on solid ice, weather.   I think the cold has finally killed the few remaining braincells i had left LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

it's snowing here again, BUGGER!!!!                 pma                                                                                                                                                                             
Redreynard's Profile
Redreynard

Damn, ya see I knew that I should have taken a left at MiddletonSmile   Fraglette, you and I have both been riding long enough to have had all our little grey cells acclimatise to the conditions on Sunday   I'm with you for riding round and round the cars. Can we do it on the by-pass 'cos my boxer's got a hell of a turning circleLOL   pma                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

it'd be just like playing cowboys and indians !!!!!!!!! wot a hoot, can i use the arrows with the fire on please?Big smile go on, please? pma                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 404 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption