Family Fun Weekend For Kids Anyone?

64 Posts | Latest reply on 19/05/2010 20:28:12 by 6ypsy | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've been asked by The Friendly Bikers if I'd be interested in organising a family fun fundraising weekend in aid of the Ure Welcome Back Rally in September.

We're thinking a camping weekend in the summer holidays where cars and bikes are both welcome and the focus will be on giving our kids of all ages a great time including the usual games, bouncy castles and stuff for the older kids too.

Anybody with or without kids would be just as welcome but the focus is on the kids so it's not a weekend p**s up!!

My intention is to use the same field as the Free Camping Weekend with a small charge for camping as it's close enough to sort out any problems but we could organise other similar events in other parts of the country depending on the amount of interest and the success of the event.

I'm just looking for ideas/interest at the moment so anybody got any useful thoughts on this and is it something you'd be interested in helping with/attending?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Bouncy Castle ............... count me in :)                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

I think its a wicked idea Terry :)   I never take my kids to rallies but something like this, I would take them ... well the 2 big us are over 18 so wouldnt want to but my youngest would love it :)   Depending on where and when, you can count me in and if you need any 'hands on' help with kids club etc ... count me in to help in any way you need :)                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Bj it's for kids little kids not middel earth muppits I think it's a great idea and worth thinking of a blanket ban on alcohol I know some will not like it                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

Think if kids are around jp ... people wouldnt want to drink or if so, very little. I never drink when my kids are around, and never have, so I dont think it would be that much of a problem.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Want a go ............ stomps feet, strops in excessive manner and pouts                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

rc123..that's not necessarily true, some people drink at home with their kids about, so a camping weekend would not stop themLOL RK..I think its a brilliant ideaThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

Fair one Karey .... lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

RK if you need any help with the organising let me know .......... am sure i can bugger it up somewhere for you                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

RC   I know alot of peeps like yourself wont drink but it only takes 1 and there could be bad feelings so think me and kaz are right sorry kaz you agree with me  (will you ever live it down) BJ   you could help RK loads by sitting on your hands lol yes i know thats a slap                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

RK............I remember the last time u organised a kids and camping event in the the middle esrth area...............................   YOU DIDNT TURN UP!!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

nice one tezza count me and my lado in mate Thumbs Up alcahol not a problem so long as in moderation me thinks ! got to do somat when kids in bed maybe a charity swear / drunk fool    bin is in order £1 every pint or bad  words                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Tracey at least the weekend went ahead! I was poorly with a kidney stone CryLOL

Anyway this isn't a kids and camping weekend it's much bigger than that and everyones offers of help will be gratefully appreciated but there's only half a dozen people interested so far so lets see how many more comment over the next few days before I get the venue committed.

As far as drinking goes who are we to tell anyone whether they can or can't drink. All i'm saying is parents in control of children who get pi**ed before the kids are tucked up safe in bed will need to have a word with themselves and won't be invited to future similar events.

That's after they've been tarred and feathered and tied to the nearest tree, should be sufficient me thinks Thumbs Up

Whealy you can be in charge of fining the drunks OuchLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

ill be the drinking matey :) in moderation or corse                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

let me know when, LC and i and my two muggles would love it !!                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

I'll be having a beer too Neal but you're right, moderation is the key and Ian as soon as there's enough interest we'll set up a date to suit the majority Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
reaper_soul_man64's Profile
reaper_soul_man64

In: bury

beer and swear box at a rally Censoredme i will be Censoredin skint and Censoreded as a newt by the sunday lol sounds a good idea a rally for kids though...when u say kids what is the age cut off as most of the muppit hobbits from the shire seem about 6 to me Evil Smile lol                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

We're thinking anyone under the age of 18 as a kid reaper,it's not a rally though, just a get together with lots of activities Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

just a thought terry dont want to sound too politicaly rorect or nowt but when organising a rally do you have to have insurance and if so how dose that fit in with CRB checks ? bit daft i know but it could be an issue if things went wrong ! maybe it should be called a rally ! Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
reaper_soul_man64's Profile
reaper_soul_man64

In: bury

That's after they've been tarred and feathered and tied to the nearest tree, should be sufficient me thinks "   weyhey if u doin that i will defo come..been a while since we had a good old fashioned tarring Beer                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 820 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption