Why did you upgrade your BM account?

88 Posts | Latest reply on 03/07/2010 17:16:43 by scubasteve | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Matt I joined the site initially as a dating site because I wanted to meet someone who was also interested in bikes and I think that's why a lot of people take a look. As a dating site BM is a lot cheaper than other dating sites so I didn't mind paying full subs immediately. It didn't take long to realise tho the ladies are way outnumbered by the men on here and after a week of furious PM'in (kid in the sweetshop syndrome) I realised there were very few ladies in my area and the site is full of inactive profiles so it's a bit pants on the dating front!!

On the flip side as a social site it's fantastic but the fact there's loads going on socially makes it a victim of it's own success. New people looking through the site find loads of peeps know each other (unlike other dating sites) and it must be intimidating for the less confident people to get involved.  And why pay a monthly subscription to chat in forums etc when there's loads of free alternatives?? People pay 20 squid a month for a good dating site as they're looking to change their lives by finding someone special and are willing to invest the time and money.

I think you should promote the dating aspects of the site to encourage more ladies to join Thumbs Up (not for me of course as i'm quite happy being single still Wink)                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Matt ... you are well cheeky ...lol   Thats my actual size ;) lmao   ...and ....erm, he is showing me and have new pics ready to go on :P                                                                                                                                                                                 
adrenaline_Junkie's Profile
adrenaline_Junkie

In: Brum

Lol.... i allways compare the cost of things too beer ! must be a standard thing LOL

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

aj when you start comparing beer to beer that's when you've become an old fart so enjoy while you're still young Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Runeprincess's Profile
Runeprincess

In: Mansfield

Hi I've been a full member before then let it lapse as I didn't have as much time as I liked socializing on here, but as Im single again I renewed in the hope of finding a like minded biker pal and other friends to hand out with. Since renewing have struck up many mighty fine conversations which if I hadn't of been a full member wouldnt have enjoyed so thanks for the site. ps one recently was from someone who had been given your little freebie.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Some of us stick around cos we hav such a larf!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

and I stick around cos no one else will put up with me LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

I can't remember why I upgraded Matt, been on here a few years now.... my last renewal was because I wanted to look at a mates event pics on here a few months ago.... go into chat when I feel like it, other than that, not a lot really Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Hello Matt,   It's the batty members that lured me. Originally I was just a voyeur - so to speak. But the forum ramblings made me want more.   I was a bit disapointed cos as I kept an eye on the meets they were mostly nights out miles away, so when there was one in Matlock a month ago I thought I get off my backside and come along - and I joined to post on the forum re the meet.   I joined the Brum to Squires run this Sunday and had a great day.  Have been invited to the nights out miles away, with the offer of somewhere to kip in both Manchester and Birmingham, and have been encouraged to get my name down for a few other things!   I know I suggested a couple of improvements the other day, but remember I asked if this was your day job. I'm a Business Improvement Analyst and my day job is spotting flaws, which I am borne to, so if I only come up with a couple there's really nothing wrong.   I have just renewed for the first time, and didn't hesitate! So just keep doing what you're doing...                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Can,t remember why(or even when)I became a full paid up member of the Tufty club TBH MattWacko Just know it does me good to pop in here every now & again & catch up on the latest gossip!! And the fact I can,t find my way out of here has something to do with me staying I think..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

*hands old red a diary and a white stick*                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Being a new member who has been given the upgrade option for a week, I must say I will be paying for the upgrade once the 'freebie' has expired.  I joined the site thinking it was purely a biker dating site and having no luck recently on a 'straight' dating site thought I would have a better chance of meeting someone of the same ilk. Initially I sent off a load of 'nods' and once I had explored the site more (I'm a bit slow in that respect, it took me a few days to realise it included a substantial forum area) the penny dropped! I have been a member of a few biker sites previously- all teresterone and machismo! So it's a refreshing change to have some female perspectives, bringing their values and views to the site. On some sites people try and get round paying by passing on their email addresses sometimes even in code! To stop this some sites only allow paid up members to send out PM's with non paid up members unable to reply. As BM is more than just a dating site I don't think that would work. The initial free week 'lured' me in to allow enough time to understanding what the site was about and I think after that period new, unpaid members should not be able to receive or send PM's or receive or send nods. They could access the site and read threads but not reply to any posts (I think that's what happens now?) So maybe a free first week of full membership is the way to go, most people who are interested in the full site's content will then join and if there not interested do you want them still? Getting a horrible feeling I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here but has you can see I will be capable of boring you all to death in the future - Lol Ratty                                                                                                                                                                             
ace_morgan's Profile
ace_morgan

In: Hadleigh, Southe

Iv joined to full memberhood because iv already met some lovely folk on here, Rockchick123 is one of them. From the guys and girls I chatted to so far i found you very welcoming. Much better than other forums iv been on such as the cf trust one. 

I hope to be seeing some of you soon at some of the up coming bike meets :) 

Adz                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The freebie week worked for me Matt, basically was able to use all the facilities as it were and didn't want to go back to not being able to.

As I said in another post, I've never paid for it before so you are now officially a whore and my biatch Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Thanks for all the comments so far, they're all being taken on board and I'll review soon what I'm going to do over the summer.   lol great SF, just what I always wanted!  :-P                                                                                                                                                                              
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

In: London, Ruislip

I decided to try full membership as soon as I discovered I could now do so from in front of my PC with my credit/debit card.

I'd considered becoming a full member for quite a while previously but the apparent hassle involved in paying put me off. I'm seriously lazy like that I'm afraid.
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

warhed just do it !! gawd men Wacko.lol                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

signed up last spring and it ran out in december ( didnt even notice) signed up again coz its sunny....not much help to you i know                                                                                                                                                                              
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

I joined as a standard member a few days ago, I soon realised that in order to be able to 'interact' with people I needed to upgrade.  The costs are very reasonable which to be honest made my mind up for me to upgrade as being a student cash is a rare commodity.  I moved into the area I am now after leaving here 36 years ago, I know next to no one and this site offered a glimmer of hope for meeting some new friends as I left all my old ones back in Essex.  Its hard meeting like minded people at times.  You've done a great job with this site Matt and I can see why your members continue to use your services Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

mine is coming up for renewal in  next couple of weeks ( at the risk of  repeating myself  from last time  Wacko )  will it automatically update Matt???? ( don't shout at me .....lol )

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 841 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption