Bought a new bike recently?

81 Posts | Latest reply on 06/08/2010 21:08:36 by brad_the_impaler | Go to original / last post
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well I promised Stella when I had a few miles under my belt after passing my test I would write a bit in here about my SV ... so as I have done over 3500 miles since Feb here goes ... 

Censored LOVE IT ! 

Ok I guess she wanted more than that lol 

Well I have now used my SV for all sorts, rides out, rallies, to & from work & last week to go round France & I have to say all the horror stories I heard before hand hold no water with me. 

The seat which I was told would 'make you stop every 30 mins' I could (and indeed have done) do all day sat it, yes the riding position does take some getting used to & the old wristies take a bit of a hammering at 1st but I am finding that I no longer have hands that feel like claws & are stuck in the position after an hour or so's riding. 

How to I find it on my back ? no bad actually, Thumbs Up only issue is the bottom of my jacket 'flips' & leaves my back exposed ... new jacket me thinks.

Speed well it does just dandy, will hold its own round town at 30 with just me or as lately fully loaded at 130 (kph) even loaded at full speed now I am handling it better it holds just fine, even Ian said he was expecting comments off me about how different it felt loaded up, but it did not feel that different. Tho you do have to remember to just clip the break a bit as the engine breaking on it is good lol ... as drivers who are too close find out if I forget & ease off the throttle.

All in all I am finding out what a fun lil fella my Vinny is (Vinny is my SV for those who don't know) he is quite able to hold his own loaded up with top box & panniers for rally or ride round France, or out on a run round Woodhead pass (which is becoming more fun each time I ride it Wink ) 
Its been a great 1st bike so far & I am enjoying every second Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

5,700 miles and counting,,, I know,,,not been out much the past few weeks. Everything you have heard,, uncompromising, stupidly fast, difficult to ride. hurts your backside and heavy on the wrists.. yes, I am all those things...   Bikes a big pussy cat!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

bought a baby ninja today!!!!!!!!! pick up fri or sat can't wait                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

fantastic you should have some fun on that                                                                                                                                                                              
simonchev's Profile
simonchev

In: hayle
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

just recently got a road king 1340 swapped it for my streetbob really like it apart from it rides like a canoe saw onother one the other day on the m5 and it was doing the same.  hopefully get the zl1000 back on the road soon can have a bit of daft fun then.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nope ... I put  raked wideglide yokes, 18" wheels with radial tyres, progressive shocks, got rid of a load of unnecessary bling and cut the old (ish) one about a bit. It doesn't handle like a Harley anymore :)                                                                                                                                                                              
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

couldn't wait till sat lol  bike great fun..........even in the rain!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Aren't you goin to tell all the boys and girls wot you got nita. and maybe show us a piccie. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
philric's Profile
philric

In: greenwich

hi
iam new here, i bought a VF750F few weeks ago and busy to repaint it as the metalic orange was not great to me, i hope to ride it next  week end.... at moment iam stuck with the ignition swicth!
phil

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Smile New bike still in one piece .......just LOL   Been out to play again.... pics now on my profile Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

Looks great Nita Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

looks green nitaThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
badger59's Profile
badger59

In: Newton Abbot

HI Folks Have ordered a Rocket 3 roadster for a midlife crisis as it's said do something everyday the scares you. So after my wife passed away after 30 years I thought wot the hell. Right i'm ready for all the comments about it being wrong but you only live once
Bat's Profile
Bat

In: Warwickshire

Hi I've recently bought a Kwak Z750 eight weeks ago and have clocked up over 3000 miles. Took her to Begium to a Rally the other week. She runs like a dream so much better than my ER6 - N. Need to update my Profile piccy!!! That's my old bike never mind hey!!! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sir Disco's Profile
Sir Disco

In: Stockton-on-Tees

Just bought today a shiny new 2009 Kawasaki ER-6F with ABS. Only rode it back from the showroom home so no idea what it's like yet and obviosly need to break it in first before I know what it's really like.   It's my first faired bike so should be interesting ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Break it in???? a new bike with a fairing, crunch!!! Big smile

Surely you mean run it in?                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Not recently, but just before my accident popped into an old race-sponsor for a chat and cuppa.
He's a Triumph dealer and had just taken delivery of a batch of Bonnie's.
I fell for the all black one and said I'll have it!Smile                              Bloody expensive cuppa!Cry
Anyway, then had my race accident, so it's 6 years old now with 239 miles on the clock!Cry

Got my licences back now and if I don't hit anything in the car this year can't wait to give it a-go.Smile

nellie's Profile
nellie

In: nottingham
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

and heres me i`m going backwards just aquired a 30 year old gs 750 .... looks like a bumble bee at the mo black and yellow but a mint engine Thumbs Up a couple of bits to do for the mot then a ride into nostalgiaBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sir Disco's Profile
Sir Disco

In: Stockton-on-Tees

@Shadowfax. I dunno, I think break it in sounds better, it is a steel horse after all.   But yes I did mean run it in.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0156 seconds. There are 842 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption