Jilly's Rockworld - Manchester

18 Posts | Latest reply on 14/04/2010 22:10:56 by rockchick123 | Go to original / last post
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

For anyone who used to go there or had any intention of going, just to let you know that it has now closed down as from today. It used to be one heck of a Rock Club where lots of bikes used to be parked outside up to a few years ago when it became a magnet for students... lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

aw what a shame.  I remember going there with my psycho ex girlfriend (and usually ended up arguing in there with her lol).   Ah memories                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Well that is a pity, Been drunk in there many times.                                                                                                                                                                                
reaper_soul_man64's Profile
reaper_soul_man64

In: bury

man that place was awesome in the 90s..                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

End of an era........... great memories                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

RSM said: man that place was awesome in the 90s..   ...I used to go in the 80's! Embarrassed....                                                                                                                                                                             
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

Would you like a walking stick HFG !!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

HEY !!!

Like HFG I remember it in the 80's

Many a miss spent weekend in my youth was spent there                                                                                                                                                                             
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

No such thing as a mispent youth Shell; if you enjoyed it then it wasn't mispent Big smile and mine certainly wasn't Evil Smile   As for the HEY!!! you didn't notice where I left my zimmer on Sunday did you ???LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

I started going there in the 80's and drank underage responsibly but it was my assets that got me thru the door Wink   Ended up DJ'ing there in the early -mid  90's, that place could tell so many stories, it's a shame to see it go, but went in last year and tbh it was rather dire, certainly the end of an era Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I went in the 80's too - was a great rock club!!  Heard of it's demise on the way home today on Rock Radio.

Oh well,,,,not been for years so it's no surprise - if u don't use it,,,u lose it !!!

willow's Profile
willow

In: Tyldesley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

booo hoooo !!!!!!!!!1111 no more jillys......................been there many times.....................happy memories..................                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

So I suppose I can get rid of the Friday Night Club card! 

I spent many a Friday night/Saturday morning in there.

Oh well never mind, things come, things go!

Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

We still have the Crazy House in Liverpool...... Mosh on!!                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

In: Tyldesley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

whats crazy house like? ave never been there!! lol x                                                                                                                                                                             
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow

is that not one of the hopefully many places we were going to on the 22 may  Unhappy  a hope it wasnt the news that the yeties were heading to town lol 
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

I used to work in the same building as Jillys, and was regularly kept entertained by the music whilst rebuilding a server farm* upstairs.

End of an era...

* (no, that's not where you *grow* servers!)                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

It was MH ... but new places are afoot ;)   It is the end of an era :( Been going there for tooooo many years to say ...and toooo many decades :(   Sad loss for Manchester true classic rockers :(                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 603 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption