S a v on trikes help

14 Posts | Latest reply on 29/03/2010 17:38:16 by Hull750Rider | Go to original / last post
Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

In: Redditch worc
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A TRIKE 1200 VW NEW BUILD, SOLD WITH S V A, HAVE REGESTERED IT WTH DVLA, GOT THE REG, HAD NUMBER PLATE made UP,  ON THE ROAD, NO  NO NO , mates came around  and took the p..... so i decded to call there bluff and got the SVA TO CHECK IT OUT. OMG..... the seller has not got SVA AS ADVERTISED, BUT HAS MANAGED TO  FOIL THE DVLA BY GETTING  IT THROUGH AS A DISABLED TRKE WHICH REQUIRES NO SVA, BUT THE DVLA HAS ISSUED ME WITH A Q PLATE.   SO I NOW HAVE A TRKE THAT IS TOTALY UN ROAD WORTHY AND HAVE BEEN TOLD NOT TO ATTEMPT TO RIDE IT,......could'nt ride it when we first went to see it as not reg with DVLA  SO I BOUGHT   IT THINKING IT WAS SAFE. HAVEING GOT IT HOME IS A NIGHTMARE, HAND BREAK BROKE OFF IN MY HAND  MUDGARDS FALLING OFF HANDELBARS CAN TURN RIGHT AROUND NO STOPS...........ETC ..... CONTACTED THE SELLER [ WHO IS N HOSPITAL, CAN'T ANSWER HIS PHONE BEEN WEEEK NOW] TO ASK IF HE WOUULD BUY IT BACK OFF ME DID'T MENTION THE FAULTS. HIS WIFE TEXT ME, UNABLE TO BUY IT BACK AS NO MONEY  AND HUSBAND VERY ILL. THS GUY IS MAKEING TRIKES IN HIS BACK GARDEN 8 SO FAR AND 5  TO DO GOD HELP US ALL HE KILLING US OFF. ANY ONE CAN FEEL FREE TO ADVISE ME ON THIS ISSUE                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

No offence but I can't see how you didn't realise the state it was in before you parted with your hard earned.   I don't think you have a leg to stand on with regards getting your money back, unless he had a written advert which stated it was in perfect condition etc. However he did state it had SVA and it clearly hasn't so maybe you do have a case.   Perhaps a call to a solicitor to ask their advice?, failing that get your toughest looking male mates to pay him a visit with menaces lol demanding your dosh back. How did he manage to spend your dosh if he's in hospital?   Maybe another duped customer put him there?   Good luck with getting your dosh back, let us know how you get on.                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Off the top of my head I'd suggest not to mess around with him and get proper advice PDQ. A solicitor if you can afford one, or the Citzens Advice or even the police. 
If he's making trikes as a part-time business than maybe trading standards could help. From what you say he sounds a menace and a con-man. What's he done with the money? I take it you only paid him a few days ago. Quite frankly it stinks.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

thanks kwak, wills but i did take a triker wth me before i bought it, but he has a boom trike so not know about  [ hand made ones] plus we could'nt ride it, i was on a budget so was  well pleased went  i found this  in my price range, never the less how can he  RAPE us innocent bikers, and yes  i do have a few BIG  FRIENDS  so he may yet be in hospital   for real this time
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

If he's building these at home to make money then it counts as a business, and the Sale of Goods Act would apply. The "goods" were not as advertised and also not fit for purpose, so you're entitled to a full refund. Even if he claims that he's selling second hand goods then the law still covers it.Get back on the phone and demand a full refund immediately, if you don't get one then talk to the police.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Sheila

Things like this really p me off

GB is right the sale of goods act does cover this

whatconsumer.co.uk/the-sale-of-goods-act

have a look and find the bits relevant to you then contact them again, if no joy Trading Standards and the Police will help

Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

Beldon, jackie, thanks for the info def will not let this b.......... get away.he will regret the day  turned up to buy his bloody heap...... but i will also look into trading standards, think the SVA will involve the police, but not much faith in the justice process in this country, now if we were in Iran would they cut his bits off and hang em out to dry ummmmm  perhaps not he is a man................he is using ebay  so I am watching it to see if he has another one on there, THE STING 
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Shelia contact ebay as well and let them know they should stop him selling them                                                                                                                                                                               
Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

he is using his wife ebay. gone on to feedback  no trikes sold, his game is to say reserve not met but he has a phone number, that i used and went over to his house, and paid him..... ebay only a tool for him to advertise and not sell from there                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

deosnt matter let them know anyway you never know what they will do                                                                                                                                                                               
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Good advice given so far ("Not fit for the purpose for which it was purchased" is a VERY strong argument!) And backed up with retail law!!   You can also threaten him with the V.A.T man the local council will be very interested in him too if he's running an unregistered business from a private address! Especially a manufacturing business in a residential area. If he has oxy acetylene cylinders in a residential area he's also breaking the law!!   Ebay take an extremely dim view on people bending their rules to get more money and not pay for "free advertising" and should at least take her account down! Make an official complaint about how you've been treated especially if none of the other stuff works out in your favor!!!   You could name and shame the guy here too but be careful as you could end up slandering or being seen to be liable as a result of that!!!   Post about him on FB too? and warn other potential Trikers away!                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Phone him back. 10:1 the guy's hiding behind his wife and nowhere near hospital. Money back or police. Simple choice.   Make sure you've got a copy of the advert with the claimed SVA, without that you're stuffed.   Go about 'enlightening' the public, after your money's safe. (Big Mates sound the order of the day)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

hi rob and hull ri der, all things you have both said make good sence and i now have a good path to follow, yes i have got the  advert printed off [3 copies] just waiting for the SVA to get back to me, they have a photo copy of the log book, and they took photos when inspection was done.[ when they had stopped laughing] seller was aware that it was for me and wished me luck on my ride out that i had planned, THANK GOD FOR MATES BANNING ME FROM EVEN SITTING ON IT, i was going to get things put right on it, but am glad  never had a thing done so is as bought. he still not responding to my calls and text, must be on deaths bed[ or will be]                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Text him or ring his wife demanding he contacts you back or he will be getting a visit from people he will not want to have to deal with!   (That could be a set of big biker mates/cops, inland revenue, the local trading standards, V.A.T. customs and excise and the council or all of the above!)   Let his imagination do the rest! Give him a 48 hours time limit!   No excuses.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 734 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption