Want to lower the price of fuel?

13 Posts | Latest reply on 26/03/2010 09:21:05 by Hull750Rider | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Had this sent to me seems to make sense so if you agree cut and paste to your friends, my friends and I have passed it around and well if it gets rolling globally who knows what the power of the consumer can do.Thumbs Up PETROL PRICES - PLEASE READ AND JOIN IN !!!   The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while, the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up and the government will not do anything as they rake in extra VAT for every increase.See what you think and pass it on if you agree with itWe are hitting 124.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 1.50 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.Please read it and join in!Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 90p a LITRE RANGE It's easy to make this happen. Just join the group and get all your FB friends to join or forward as an email to everyone in your address book, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.. boycott BP and Esso                                                                                                                                                                             
thehairyone's Profile
thehairyone

In: Boston

I'm up for this. let's give it a go.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I would be up for that, only thing is I was listening to a report about fuel prices the other day and they were saying that about 80p per litre is fuel duty In one form or another levied by the government ... So how much is it really gonna come down by boycotting fuel stations?
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

In: Prestwick
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Guys sounds like a good idea. I know when we had the protests the last time, it came out that we have the cheapest fuel in Europe until they add on the tax! I for one always use ASDA when I can, as I use an ASDA credit card which gives me a 1p per litre discount, every little helps.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

This does sound like a good idea. I will not use BP or Esso for the rest of the year, and hope so many others do likewise that this will have some effect.   However, anybody who has a company fuel card (truckers, reps, couriers, white van man etc.) will obviously still use whichever outlet is most convenient, and those who dont care about prices will probably start using them because they are less busy, and have fewer 'common' people to offend their senses.   With the state of our countries finances at the moment, the government will do nothing about rising prices, because of the amount of money they make from fuel sales . . . . after all, how could they fill their pension pots, expenses kitty, and all the civil service 'wasteage schemes' without stealing more money from our pockets?!   Its no hardship to give this a try, so Im going to join in and see where we are in a couple of months time.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

SV the reason it is 80 p duty is that the duty is proportional to the price at the pump ie if they take for example 60 % duty and fuel is a pound then they will take 60 p, if on the other hand fuel goes to £1.50 then the government would take 90p duty.........so the lower it goes the less they get...it is in the interest of the government to keep it high as they are so skint at the moment...... However we all know that with gas, electricity and fuel once it goes up, no matter what the base cost drops to they resist passing on any savings as it affects profit and the only way to get them to listen is by affecting their profit margin by doing sensible boycot of the larger companies to get them to lower the price to an acceptable level...bare in mind that petrolium is a kind of by product of petro-chemical and costs very little to produce (the oil companies don't want that widely known)... don't get confused with the price of crude and the cost of producing petrol as crude is used for so much more before the left over of the parts ie Petrol is used.....nearly all products have some form on petro-chemical produce in them...... vasolene etc                                                                                                                                                                              
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

While this is a good idea on paper,sadly it won`t make that much difference to the price of fuel because,as you rightly say the biggest fuel companies are Esso & Bp,but they are the companies who the supermarkets are buying their stocks from,plus a certain amount of price fixing goes on in different areas.
As most people probably buy their fuel at supermarket petrol stations anyway it still means that the oil companies & the government are laughing all the way to the bank-as the old saying goes,they`ve got you over a (oil)barrel.
 Ultimately the best way to get prices down is by letting the government know that they were put in parliament by the people of this country-& the people have the power to replace them.....

Remember,it`s election year-ask your local candidate what he proposes to do about it to get your vote!!
thehairyone's Profile
thehairyone

Wraith: Sorry to report Tesco and Asda both suppy their own brands of fuel, they used to be supplied by Esso/Texaco etc. just as an aside Tesco have the highest octane unleaded.
Cant say for the other supermarkets, but with a little effort we can stick a small pin in the big guys, maybe even make them sit up.
thehairyone's Profile
thehairyone

as for the pariamentary candidates, they have the shortest memory of any of this worlds animals.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ha ha the only attribute an MP has is that he can look you in the eye and lie to your face, or amswer a question with a the answer to a totally different question and make it look like you asked him in the first place.......good trick that???????????Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've been boycotting BP and ESSO for ages now, trouble is all the other retailers are similar in price it doesn't matter where you buy it.   I needed petrol a few days ago and even Waitrose was 1.9p dearer than the nearest PB garage.   We need another fuel protest not that, that will makea one iota of difference to the price, they have us by the b****                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It will make a difference, if we can unite and just boycott....it takes time for a conglomerate of their size to bow down, they can usually just wait it out and us the fickle consumer will get bored and just start buying fuel again from them........   ..............if we can get the message out and recirculate it everynowand again to remind our friends and relatives it can make a difference.....it is us as lazy consumers who can't be bothered to act...it is a problem with us brits we just accept grumble to ourseves and say theres nothing we can do...so carry on as before.......   ......how many people do you know moan about the government tis and the government that...then ask them more probably than not, they didn't even vote in the last election...this is the british way.   ............time to change, vote with our money, that we will no longer accept corporation artificially inflating fuel the prices for profit.                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I never use BP or Esso as it is! I tend to use Supermarket fuel be it Morrison tesco or the dreaded fookmart erm Asda                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 991 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption