Bike Rally Badges

7 Posts | Latest reply on 10/03/2010 10:16:44 by Cruiser gal | Go to original / last post
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I have just been doing some de cluttering of my room and found two metal rally badges, they are oval in shape one is blue and the other green and on them it says East of Essex Rally across the top and East Essex MCC around the bottom, anyone know this bike club or what year these rally badges could have come from. I think someone gave them me a few years ago.   Not sure what to do with them.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

E-bay?                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

yeah I found one on ebay with two bids on it but I was interested to see where they came from and what year there from, I should imagine the colours have something to do with the year of them.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Found this on a BMF link page, might be worth an email:
East Essex Motorcycle ClubContact: Peter Robdrup E-mail: peterobdrup@fsmail.net Tel: 01255 431331 Website: www.eemccforum.co.uk                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

And if that one is defunct, try this:peter@eastessexmcc.freeserve.co.ukhttp://www.eastessexmcc.freeserve.co.uk/                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I have two East of essex Rally badges one in Red and the other I think is a light blue I went to their rally in the very early 80's possibly 1982 and 1983 I remember them well as we had a sidecar and two toddlers in toe. They were great rallies they were at the then know as East of Essex showground between Braintree and Chelmsford I believe.

i remember they portioned off a bit of the field and had an old scrambler type bike with an attachment like a sidewinder  sidecar that banked. we had loads of fun whizzing around and being silly on it was anyone else at that rally??

The badges, if I can remember them were very large with an England shaped logo.
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Thanks for all the replies, Lin thats all very interesting as I mentioned the badges to spanner last night and he said he went to most of their rallies and had some of their badges, at first he thought these might have been his and fallen  off his rally hat lol but these were given to me by a mate. Spanner said he used to go with his sidecar to, its amazing how just a couple of found badges could bring such interesting conversation.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 882 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption