North Wales Speed Camera Van goes up in smoke

23 Posts | Latest reply on 05/03/2010 01:12:13 by darkcarnival | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

THE LOVELY boys at North Wales Police have launched an investigation after a police speed camera van caught fire in Gwynedd.

Fire crews were alerted to the blaze in Llanllechid near Bethesda, just after 12.30pm on Monday.

Residents in the village told reporters from The Daily Post that the same camera van had been targetting the area for several weeks.

One local, who asked not to be identified, said: “It’s not the first time I’ve seen it here and I can’t think why it is here so often. I’ve noticed the camera window is sometimes open too.

“That’s the funny thing. This road is so narrow you can’t think about speeding. I’ve not heard about anyone being booked for speeding here either.”

Even though Firefighters extinguished the blaze quickly the van was badly damaged in the incident.

Another neighbour said: “The firemen were very quick in putting the fire out but there were just a few smiles on their faces afterwards.

“I think quite a few people around here had a bit of a giggle as well.”

An investigation by fire officers found the blaze was caused by an electrical fault in the van's engine compartment.
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

There is a God LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Yes and she has a sense of humour Anne lol                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

girl after me own heart                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Yes ha ha thats what we want to here, I should find out the manufacturer and thank them for there crap wiring ha ha, well done                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Very good, where is an out of control petrol tanker when you need one.                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

Yes and she has a sense of humour Anne lol . . Well He did invent women after all!! LOL I'll get me tin 'at                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Pond slap count rising me thinks                                                                                                                                                                              
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

"the blaze was caused by an electrical fault "   Damn, was really  hoping someone had carelessly dropped a match nearbySmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

“It’s not the first time I’ve seen it here and I can’t think why it is here so often. I’ve noticed the camera window is sometimes open too.     Illiicit liaisons maybe .......... LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

Shame they didn't keep an open can of petrol in the van. Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

Think it's more likely the doughnut fryer caught fire.   faulty wiring my ar*eLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

LOL @ Rob                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Reckon someones torched it but they don't want to spark a craze of copy cats. Mmmmh where did I put my box of matches and those bottles of petrol lol..........                                                                                                                                                                             
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool

Shame the nice men were not in the bloody thing                                                                                                                                                                             
adrenaline_Junkie's Profile
adrenaline_Junkie

In: Brum

What a shame .......                                                                                                                                                                              
adrenaline_Junkie's Profile
adrenaline_Junkie

In: Brum

Not                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Think it's more likely the doughnut fryer caught fire. You'll find that most camera vans are manned by civvies nowadays Rob, tis cheaper you see???   I did smile though when i read the story...its even better that its Heddlu Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh

well,what can one say? 1 camara down for the welshie's.the spring is comin! so expect to see another 3 in its place,hopefully they all share the same electrician.LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

In: Doncaster

thers a lot of bitter people on this site live and let burn thats me                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 801 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption